The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Riley Stillman to Sabres for Josh Bloom

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not bad.  Kid has got some size too. 

From Dobber:

"A two-way power forward with puck management skills who uses changes of pace in transition, provides defensive pressure, protects the puck well, and executes crisp passes, but whose offensive elements still require development."

Sounds like a solid bottom 6 guy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't say I know anything about Bloom, but by all accounts he's a quick skater and plays somewhat as a power forward - though his ceiling is entirely up for debate. 

But even if he serves as AHL depth, this was still worth it. Besides a solid hit every once in a while, Stillman was simply not very good. He only cost us 1.3 (1.4?) million in cap, but that's certainly cap space better spent elsewhere.

Good trade.

Just now, Master Mind said:

Management's been on a roll lately.

I came in to say the same thing.  I like all of the deals this year, aside from the cost of dumping Dickinson.

Stiilman for Bloom: We dump an attritious D and 1.4 mill next year for a prospect who will be somewhere in our top 10.  Even if Bloom amounts to nothing, this is an A+ move.

Lockwood for Kravtsov: Recent top 10 pick, good sized forward with big potential, for a likely AHLer and a 7 3 years from now.  Hard not to rate this one super high as well.

Horvat deal:  I think we got an excellent when package compared to Meier (not saying better).  AB has looked excellent with EP, and the pick is looking more and more like a top 16.  Raty has been rough so far, hopefully he turns around.

Bear for a 5th: Easy win, Bear has been good 

Studnicka deal:  Don't love it, but DiPietro is in th eECHL, and Myrenberg is a longshot.