The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes, because you can't come up with a good argument you have to subject the rest of us to childish insults. Good for you.

Well all you bring is childish whining and temper tantrums here, what do you expect?

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Funny, whenever I hear the name PIONK, I think of the geese. Or is it a donkey?

PIOOOOONK 

No that's a donkey sound for sure 

HROOOONK that's a goose.

I'm in an airport right now and everyone is giving me funny looks I probably should have tested these out in my head.

5 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

This guy probably plays NHL 23 where you can rebuild your whole roster in 1 year. Sign matthews, pastrnak and Dobson in free agency. 

Yup...I'm the best GM around!!

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I forgot we can't do that after this season is over :rolleyes:

I'm to impatient.:frantic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You all want a rebuild but don’t seem to see that we have franchise players to build around already. They’re also not old and on the decline, they’re entering their primes. We’re going to have a higher end draft pick this year as well. We also have our pick next year.

We have a top tier franchise centerman and defencemen. In redrafts Pettersson goes 1st or 2nd. Hughes is going 2nd or 3rd as well. Those two are superstar potential players. There will be a time when all these guys start clicking and come together.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

I thought we were creating a chain of messages where we all just reply with "Hronek"

Lets circle back and do that sometime

I was trying to 'yes and'

But I see your point and I think we should circle back and do that sometime 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

PIOOOOONK 

HROOOONK that's a goose.

I'm in an airport right now and everyone is giving me funny looks I probably should have tested these out in my head.

Omg you gonna end up on a no fly list :ph34r:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did you actually think a full rebuild was happening by trade deadline. LMAO

They coud have started though what they're doing now is a little of this a little of that which adds up to well...a little. To Pararhrase James .A double Minded GM is unstable in all his ways

16 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

This time really is different though, we have 2 franchise players and a potential top 10 goaltender hitting their primes, and its not fair to judge this management team against the mistake of the past regime.

This management team has not traded our first round pick, like Benning did.

Instead, with some maneuvering, they exchanged an expiring UFA Bo for a top-four RHD, and has been excellent at acquiring cheap or free quality assets (Filip Johansson, Kravtsov, Bear, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev).

This is the best performed retool on the fly Ive seen so far. They got a good prospect for.. Riley Stillman? They got a pick for Lazar who they picked up for free as a UFA. They are managing assets extremely well.

Was the 1st + 2nd an overpayment for Hronek? Maybe, it remains to be seen. But we cant judge that until we see him play.

This should be pinned. Very objective and puts everything into perspective. 

I've been sharing this with my buddies in the "rabble, rabble, rabble" crowd. :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, .Naslund said:

You all want a rebuild but don’t seem to see that we have franchise players to build around already. They’re also not old and on the decline, they’re entering their primes. We’re going to have a higher end draft pick this year as well. We also have our pick next year.

We have a top tier franchise centerman and defencemen. In redrafts Pettersson goes 1st or 2nd. Hughes is going 2nd or 3rd as well. Those two are superstar potential players. There will be a time when all these guys start clicking and come together.  

animation-disney.gif

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, awalk said:

PIOOOOONK 

HROOOONK that's a goose.

Sir we do NOT allow livestock on board this aircraft

Please see yourself to the nearest farm enclosure.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes, because you can't come up with a good argument you have to subject the rest of us to childish insults. Good for you.

What’s your long term plan tell us. Are you all up for shipping out EP40 & Hughes? The players have literally told management they’ll walk if they rebuild. Are you suggesting a full year down? Getting depth pieces isn’t as hard as accruing top tier franchise level defencemen and centres. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Sir we do NOT allow livestock on board this aircraft

Please see yourself to the nearest farm enclosure.

I've now been stowed safely beneath the main deck in the cargo hold. It's cold... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, .Naslund said:

What’s your long term plan tell us. Are you all up for shipping out EP40 & Hughes? The players have literally told management they’ll walk if they rebuild. Are you suggesting a full year down? Getting depth pieces isn’t as hard as accruing top tier franchise level defencemen and centres. 

How do you know the palyers said they'd walk if we rebuild...you were in the dressing room with 'em?

• Like 1

Just now, Moe Knows said:

How do you know the palyers said they'd walk if we rebuild...you were in the dressing room with 'em?

And furthermore why would they let players who aren't winning dictate the direction of the team

• Upvote 2

Just now, .Naslund said:

You don't build a team based on what your top players want. How is that building a healthy and sustainable future? If they want to pout about it. Tough. You make millions. If you had played better at the start of the year the team wouldn't be in this position. Do we really want players who say I don't want to do it properly? Find me shortcuts to make it easier.

• Like 1