The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think Tocchet loves Garland doesn't he?

Yes he does and Conor has been playing better since Tocc came to Vancouver. Tocc was his 1st NHL coach

and Garland has credited Tocc for teaching him how to be an NHL player.

Are we just doing 1 thing? Can we do more than 1 thing at a time? Can we do a thing while also doing another thing? Or several things at the same time ? If we did the thing but still had another thing would we still be doing a thing or would that be a whole new thing while the other thing is a thing of the past

Just now, BertaNuck said:

Are we just doing 1 thing? Can we do more than 1 thing at a time? Can we do a thing while also doing another thing? Or several things at the same time ? If we did the thing but still had another thing would we still be doing a thing or would that be a whole new thing while the other thing is a thing of the past

Probs nothing til tomorrow, see what happens with the players Pittsburgh waived

2 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

Didn't we hire AGMs that are specifically good at multitasking 

10 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well then absolutely zero retention on Miller!

Also this is the dumbest rule I've ever heard. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I think there are too many restrictions on retention in general. Not only is this something I would change, I would allow teams to retain on individual years of a contract. It would create a lot more flexibility throughout the league.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think there are too many restrictions on retention in general. Not only is this something I would change, I would allow teams to retain on individual years of a contract. It would create a lot more flexibility throughout the league.

It would allow a lot more flexibility, but it would also open the window for a lot more manipulating of it which would benefit certain teams. I think that would actually be a terrible idea. While it sounds like something that may be helpful to us, it could certainly be taken advantage of.

6 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

This will answer any questions about “Things”.

Just now, myre said:

It would allow a lot more flexibility, but it would also open the window for a lot more manipulating of it which would benefit certain teams. I think that would actually be a terrible idea. While it sounds like something that may be helpful to us, it could certainly be taken advantage of.

Manipulating and taking advantage of it would be the point.