The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be cool to see for Columbus honestly, because of their history of not being competitive they have a similar issue to Winnipeg, they have a tough time attracting and retaining players. With Winnipeg it's more about it being Winnipeg than their being competitive. 

That'd be a good, young D core for sure. With Boqvist to round things out. 

If they can get some lottery luck this year they may have a very bright future. Young talent on the roster, some talented vets, good prospect depth with some real blue chip guys mixed in. 

Columbus fans are no strangers to suffering, it'd be cool to see them catch a break if we don't get any lottery luck. 

They are definitely the one team that I wouldn't mind seeing get Bedard if we can't have him. I also only just realized how good of a job they've done building their defensive pipeline. Gudbranson and Bayreuther are their only roster defensemen over 25 plus they have Jiricek, Mateychuk, and Svozil all in the system. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, mll said:

So price too low - if it wasn't that big difference in value they would have gone for Chychrun instead.  The teams that pivoted were initially targeting Chychrun but price sky high.  Armstrong says they'll keep him if price is not met - might be bluff after holding him out for all those games but so far no team has met his ask.   

After fleecing Benning on OEL, he is just waiting for one desperate GM to show up. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If the first thing couldn’t get done then how are two more things dependent on a third, first thing, gonna be sure things? 

That’s the thing about these things. I’m starting to lose faith in all things. 

Exploding-head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

They are definitely the one team that I wouldn't mind seeing get Bedard if we can't have him. I also only just realized how good of a job they've done building their defensive pipeline. Gudbranson and Bayreuther are their only roster defensemen over 25 plus they have Jiricek, Mateychuk, and Svozil all in the system. 

And Ceulemans. 

On one hand it speaks to how bad they've been, on the other hand it speaks to why it's better to bottom out than be mediocre and caught in no man's land. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

so does that open up enough cap to "do the big thing?"

Not enough without retention or a contract coming back to Vancouver. 

The Canucks could possibly take McGinn back in a deal instead of retaining on Boeser or retaining very little. 

Boeser

for 

McGinn 

2nd 

gives the Canucks some cap relief, a 2’nd and a bottom 6 PKer. 

Pittsburgh moves off Mcginn’s contract and adds a winger for Crosby or Malkin.  If I’m the Canucks I’d make that deal. 

55 minutes ago, mll said:

So price too low - if it wasn't that big difference in value they would have gone for Chychrun instead.  The teams that pivoted were initially targeting Chychrun but price sky high.  Armstrong says they'll keep him if price is not met - might be bluff after holding him out for all those games but so far no team has met his ask.   

Well no.  If PIT throws in a Hallander or Poulin instead of a 4th round pick, the value is much higher.

POJ

Rathbone

Hallander

1st

That's a much nicer package than:

Barrie

Schaefer

1st

4th