The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

I was on board with absolutely every move up until now... Based on the assumption that we would move either Garland, Boeser or Miller for picks and some basic roster players.

Without moving any of those guys, everything up until now dropped from B+ down to a C+

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I see where you're coming from. Still not sure I agree though. I reckon the only people who would consider taking a break from the team right now are some of the most hardcore fans who just can't stand seeing the direction this team is going. But I also follow what you mean.

The hard-core fans are a small % and by definition being hard core they will be back regardless of what happens so the organization doesn't need to fight for their dollars or time. The smarter move which I see happening is appealing to us casual fans who still want to have a somewhat competitive team without actually caring about wins/losses. It doesn't matter if Canucks don't make the playoffs as long as they score goals and make games entertaining we will all go to games and if Rogers arena is full every night no changes are needed IMHO.

Just now, Moe Knows said:

Can hear it now...We tried hard spoke to a lot of teams but the right deal just wasn't out there

Yep heard it a million times.

We’re gonna get sold a bunch more hope about how we believe in the direction and we’re close. And the coaching staff has made a big difference already and the additions of Kravstov and Hronek are really gonna help.

Oh and I expect they’ll say something along the lines of our big deadline deal was a month ago so they didn’t plan on doing much today. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

The hard-core fans are a small % and by definition being hard core they will be back regardless of what happens so the organization doesn't need to fight for their dollars or time. The smarter move which I see happening is appealing to us casual fans who still want to have a somewhat competitive team without actually caring about wins/losses. It doesn't matter if Canucks don't make the playoffs as long as they score goals and make games entertaining we will all go to games and if Rogers arena is full every night no changes are needed IMHO.

You're not wrong, and that's why the Canucks will never win a cup with the owner.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I was on board with absolutely every move up until now... Based on the assumption that we would move either Garland, Boeser or Miller for picks and some basic roster players.

Without moving any of those guys, everything up until now dropped from B+ down to a C+

yup, with no subsequent moves, the timing of the Hronek deal makes no sense.  All they did was make life very very difficult for themselves in the off season

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1