The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jonathan Quick, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick to Blue Jackets for Vladislav Gavrikov, Jonas Korpisalo

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Gavrikov would look good as a partner with Hronek. I wonder how much he would be looking for as a UFA. Is Milstein his agent?

Not just that, but apparently he was teammates with Kuzmenko before in the past.

Hes also not wanting to sign an extension in LA from the sounds of it.

If management is shedding OEL, Myers and serious about being competing next year.

it’s realistic to think we will be acquiring a LHD and another RHD from now to camp.

1. Livingstone makes complete sense as an acquisition for so many reasons. Whether he can skate with Hughes straight out the NCAA I’m not sure, but bringing back Bear and having Hronek eat big minutes too helps big time for his transition while still offering him big potential minutes with the option of sheltering if needed in his transition.

2. I think we will be signing a UFA LHD. 

Gavrikov makes sense as the primary target

and Ryan Graves could be the secondary one and both should sign similar contracts. 27 right now both of them and both would pair well with Hronek and be a good pker for us.

Hughes-Livingstone/Bear

Gavrikov/Graves-Hronek

Dermott-Bear/Livingstone

and a Schenn depth signing would be pretty great if possible 

Cap wise don’t know what it looks like but I think it’s doable and a pretty solid unit.

They will definitely be shooting for the playoffs and aggressively looking to improve.

Agree or not looks like that’s what we are doing!

On 3/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, Gawdzukes said:

I have to agree with @myre. Bunch of beyatches. Sorry boys, it's grown up time.

I don't know. Imagine if the loss of momentum hits the performance of the team. "Grown up time" or not: it ends up being a problem and just saying they need to suck it up isn't really going to solve it.

Edited by The Lock

• 1 month later...

CBJ doing wonders for their team in a one year turn around and maybe adding Bedard or Fantilli to that insane crop they already have.

Plus still them supplementary picks they have over the next two seasons and how their cap map plays out over the next three years.

I hate CBJ right now

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

CBJ doing wonders for their team in a one year turn around and maybe adding Bedard or Fantilli to that insane crop they already have.

Plus still them supplementary picks they have over the next two seasons and how their cap map plays out over the next three years.

I hate CBJ right now

If any team deserves to get bedard or fantilli it's CBJ. That poor fanbase has dealt with a trainwreck of a team for a long time. When they finally got good some of their best players left in mass exodus for nothing (boberovsky, panerin, Duchene) a few forced trades (Jones, dubois) and the rest were sold off (Foligno, Bjorkstrand, Anderson).

I have no problems seeing the jackets turn the tables and become a powerhouse... especially because they are in the east :P

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, coryberg said:

If any team deserves to get bedard or fantilli it's CBJ. That poor fanbase has dealt with a trainwreck of a team for a long time. When they finally got good some of their best players left in mass exodus for nothing (boberovsky, panerin, Duchene) a few forced trades (Jones, dubois) and the rest were sold off (Foligno, Bjorkstrand, Anderson).

I have no problems seeing the jackets turn the tables and become a powerhouse... especially because they are in the east :P

I just don't want another team that hasn't won a cup to win before Vancouver

That being said.  CBJ had every ounce of bad luck they could get but they have a solid young team after injuries are cleared and so many good prospects it's hard not to be jealous

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Montreal and Detroit and Arizona have two decent firsts this year, St Louis has right now I believe. Good on CBJ for adding another, a late first is a decent pick in this draft to go along with their likely top-4 super star.

Habs will use their pick to either pick a Smurf or a bustaroo bonsai. 

• Haha 1