The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Curtis Lazar to Devils for 2024 4th-round pick

Just listened to the audio interview with him on the Donnie&Dhali show and he politely implied that things are a "$h1t show" with the team this season!    He must be so happy to finally get freed out of the Canucks Tire Fire.    

trust GIF     image.png.92a5794d4dd4932c6f2ece2aaa1dac9a.png      tire fire GIF

Edited by RU SERIOUS

I'm at the point now where when I see the Canucks trading for a draft pick, I'm about 75% sure it's just a bargaining chip that will be involved in another foolhardy trade to bring in an established player with a big contract and/or little time left on his contract, so we'll have to end up resigning him for more money. Detroit is still in their rebuilding phase and they're higher in the standings than Vancouver, so they're further along in their rebuild. The Canucks by contrast, haven't even done a rebuild, have very little in the way of picks and prospects, and they're selling off what little they have. This barely worked when there was no salary cap, but it's ridiculous when there is. On the surface, this deal would be in keeping with the idea of a rebuild, but we know a bait and switch is kind of this organization's MO. I've been a fan since 1990 and until very recently, I said there was no darker period in Vancouver than the late 90s, when there were rumours of actually moving to the team to, of all places, Seattle. Now it's...complicated. 

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Not at all.. he likes a tougher team but that's where it ends, that's all I have to say that's good about having him. 

Thought about it more and  actually with the bad ownership on down to GM, it doesn't really matter who is coaching actually, you can only do so much as a coach anyway with a bad team. Ours isn't a bad team, it's horrible.. 

We are so fuc_ed it's ridiculous. 

Ponder this, Tocchet should want a tougher team and we need one, what does management do, trades away Schenner for a late pick that has about 1 in a thousand chance of making the NHL.. F'n Genius! Omfg!

Well, hope at some point they make some moves you can attach your fandom to. 

Btw, we’re ranked 11th overall in the league in terms of offense. That’s hardly “horrible” as your assessment assumes 

4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just listened to the audio interview with him on the Donnie&Dhali show and he politely implied that things are a "$h1t show" with the team this season!    He must be so happy to finally get freed out of the Canucks Tire Fire.    

trust GIF     image.png.92a5794d4dd4932c6f2ece2aaa1dac9a.png      tire fire GIF

You dropped your soother 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 2

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tocchet and the rest of the coaching staff have been pretty good. 

How so?! We still hang on to the puck too long and make bad decisions with it, and then typically lose it. 

Until Tocchet get the team to use the path of least resistance I have next to zero good to say about him. 

This has been a problem for years now, no quick short passes to guys who are open, we hang onto it to long, the other team reads it easily and we turn it over, A LOT! 

Bruce had it right when he first arrived, he kept it simple and we played that version well and strung wins together and we almost made the playoffs but fell short..

That's what I mean, until we get back to that style until we're all on the same page, it's going to be more of the same.

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Well, hope at some point they make some moves you can attach your fandom to. 

Btw, we’re ranked 11th overall in the league in terms of offense. That’s hardly “horrible” as your assessment assumes 

You must be using the "New Math" to explain what value that is when we're almost dead last in the bottom basement of the league and out of the playoffs............. AGAIN ..............for the umpteenth year!     It's fan acceptance like that  - that allows this franchise to wallow in the mud for years.

Nice try though....image.jpeg.a2d2bc84434d63654f4bc6b074ebd762.jpeg

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You must be using the "New Math" to explain what value that is when we're almost dead last in the bottom basement of the league and out of the playoffs............. AGAIN ..............for the umpteenth year!     It's fan acceptance like that  - that allows this franchise to wallow in the mud for years.

Yeah your outbursts are totally mature and constructive. 

you troll your own club, face it.

I was just pointing out a FACT that some folks just don’t want to accept because they’d rather glaze over the whole situation and fundamentally ignore that within the mess there are bright spots. When looking for something to build/rebuild from, that’s where you start. Again, even in a rebuild mindset that where you start. 

unfortunately you’re not really providing anything other than a background tantrum. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Some fans just want playoffs not a cup. They are willing to take shortcuts like ownership. How has that worked out for those people so far?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tocchet and the rest of the coaching staff have been pretty good. 

This team has been way better under Tocchet and his staff.  In short amount of time they have built some structure and accountability, I'm excited to see what they can do for the rest of the year through training camp.   I think they are doing a good job.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

This team has been way better under Tocchet and his staff.  In short amount of time they have built some structure and accountability, I'm excited to see what they can do for the rest of the year through training camp.   I think they are doing a good job.  

Same. Hopefully he gets management to consider bringing in some punishers to mix with the finishers.

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Here we go, personal attacks when someone states the truth. What a totally new way to get others to stop posting when they get offended.

It’s not a personal attack. Some ppl are having constructive pro/con debates and conversations and others just want to interrupt them but contribute nothing to it, to the point that the “truth” you mention isn’t even articulated in any part of their responses. 

I just mentioned that the team is 11th in the league in O as a bottom feeder. That’s something to explore, no? Isn’t that a positive amidst all the negative? 

im not opposed to opinion in the least but to continually derail other posters who are being objective and trying to enjoy their conversations is going to illicit a response. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It’s not a personal attack. Some ppl are having constructive pro/con debates and conversations and others just want to interrupt them but contribute nothing to it, to the point that the “truth” you mention isn’t even articulated in any part of their responses. 

He said "You must be using the "New Math" to explain what value that is when we're almost dead last in the bottom basement of the league and out of the playoffs............. AGAIN ..............for the umpteenth year!     It's fan acceptance like that  - that allows this franchise to wallow in the mud for years."

Fans do accept what they are doing because they still go to the games and fill Rogers Arena. As long as that place is full and he's making a ton he won't change. We all influence his decisions. So there is truth to what he said.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He said "You must be using the "New Math" to explain what value that is when we're almost dead last in the bottom basement of the league and out of the playoffs............. AGAIN ..............for the umpteenth year!     It's fan acceptance like that  - that allows this franchise to wallow in the mud for years."

Fans do accept what they are doing because they still go to the games and fill Rogers Arena. As long as that place is full and he's making a ton he won't change. We all influence his decisions. So there is truth to what he said.

to that point I agree, but If you’re talking fans then please include the mega $$$ that corporations are providing as “fans” as well. That rules this club’s direction just as much.

• Cheers 1