The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Trade Day Edition

Rate this topic

Warhippy

7 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Ok, but it doesn't matter if every other team has not only more prospects, but more top end players in the pipelines.

Even if some of these guys make the NHL and have impacts, we're still f**ked because every other team's prospects are making bigger impacts.

We 100% need 10 players who are going to be high end.. That's literally how you win in this league. The team with the most talent wins. Period.

We're not on that track.

Its the fact like it or not, be a non-playoff team for 10 years. Lotto team for 10 years, have no cap, still a loser and have the worst prospect depth in the league.

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

I take it math is not your strong suit. 

Oh was the first we paid to get hronek on there

or does it not count because that doesn’t look as pretty. 
list what we paid if your going to list what we got. 
that nyi 1st belonged to us.

so I’m not sure what your talking about. 

• Wat 1

giant L the Hronek move was unnecessary.. they can easily make the same move in the off season or at the draft after they unloaded some cap.. but instead every team that's not blind can see we are capped out.. and teams will be asking for even more if we want to move cap.. the trade itself is not the issue it's the timing of the trade.. why are we even bother trading for hronek now when you'll get maybe a couple weeks of hockey out of him if lucky?? why not wait till you figure out how to move cap out ie boeser myers garland or whomever else before making that trade?? if we ain't capped out.. maybe we can convince arizona anaheim or whoever else not on myer's NTC to take him for a 2nd or something.. now? they are going to ask for a 1st if u want to move myers... of all the teams that are currently lottery status.. only chicago and anaheim are not at the cap floor for next season.. every other lottery team is already at or will be at cap floor once they sign the minimum roster players with all the stashed up LTIR

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd like to see them move Boeser & Myers. They are also going to need a good 3C, and maybe a bottom pair D or 2. 

Beauvillier - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Mikheyev - Miller - Garland

Kravtsov - ???? - Podkolzin

Joshua - Aman - ???? 

Hughes - Bear/Hronek

OEL - Hronek/Bear

??? - ???

In limbo; Dermott, Poolman, Burroughs, Studnicka, Dries

I'm torn between these two - what makes you prefer moving Boeser over Garland? For me, Garland fits the Tocchet team style better than Boeser and has been playing fairly well since the coaching change. I think that and his contract makes him easier to move for "good" value. I'd love to see a healthy Mikheyev with Miller and Boeser to see if BB produces a little more and hides some flaws with help from Mik's speed. Total guesswork, but just my fantasy. 

Every crap team in the league loading up on draft picks and the Canucks..... are doing the same crap for 10 years with same awful results every year. 

I used to get mad.  Nowadays I find it hard to care.  I'm in Vancouver right now and refuse to go to any games.  I can't support this crap.  Looking forward to the Blue Jays more than anything Canucks related for the first time.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

For starters, both JR/PA have stated in prior media avails that their goal is to bring a cup to VAN. The organizational goal is clear.

Just bc PA didnt state they are trying to win a cup in this particular media avail and surmising PA doesnt want to ultimately build a cup winning team is an unfair/unfounded interpretation.  

Agree to disagree, Goose. I think they do want to build a competitive team and also bring a cup to Vancouver, but I don't think building a competitive team is going to bring a cup to Vancouver, only a contending team will do that. 

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Relax, Myers is gone soon at that is 6 mill.

So which team wants Myers??

ARI has a roster of 13 and cap of $57M.  The salary cap floor this year is about $60M.  They can easily reach the cap floor from filling out their roster.

Maybe ANA??  They have a roster of 11 with a cap of $40M.

Would think Canucks will need to add a draft pick to get rid of Myers.

12 minutes ago, EB43 said:

What? Why? cause we traded the future for a win now defensemen that fills a positional need we’re not missing? We went from a bottom 5 team to a bottom 7 team at best..

I disagree, now we have a goalie combo so the goalie doesn’t need to get injured.

Better system

More speed and players that think faster

So you can forget about bottom 7 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

giant L the Hronek move was unnecessary.. they can easily make the same move in the off season or at the draft after they unloaded some cap.. but instead every team that's not blind can see we are capped out.. and teams will be asking for even more if we want to move cap.. the trade itself is not the issue it's the timing of the trade.. why are we even bother trading for hronek now when you'll get maybe a couple weeks of hockey out of him if lucky?? why not wait till you figure out how to move cap out ie boeser myers garland or whomever else before making that trade?? if we ain't capped out.. maybe we can convince arizona anaheim or whoever else not on myer's NTC to take him for a 2nd or something.. now? they are going to ask for a 1st if u want to move myers... of all the teams that are currently lottery status.. only chicago and anaheim are not at the cap floor for next season.. every other lottery team is already at or will be at cap floor once they sign the minimum roster players with all the stashed up LTIR

Not to mention letting the season play out to determine what you’ve got in that NYI 1st before trading it away. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

So which team wants Myers??

ARI has a roster of 13 and cap of $57M.  The salary cap floor this year is about $60M.  They can easily reach the cap floor from filling out their roster.

Maybe ANA??  They have a roster of 11 with a cap of $40M.

Would think Canucks will need to add a draft pick to get rid of Myers.

So, wich players need a new contract in the summer? 
Horvat?

So now we lack a 3C and still ideally need another defenceman and shed Myers.

I guess we can find some UFAs to get the job done at 3C.

Not sure if Hronek or Bear are great partners for Hughes so by losing Schenn, dare I say our D is a bit less balanced than before. Does someone like Mayfield or Severson fit there? Probably would just end up being the next bad UFA contract though.

Half the job is done and management have done the easy bit. Anyone can trade a mid 1st and high 2nd for any player. Only good managers can make the hard trades, like shed an OEL or Myers contract, or flip a winger for young C/defenceman. Allvin has done nothing so far.

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

You’re going to take that bet? Pretty difficult for them to get less points. They’re even struggling with the tank manoeuvres. 

yeah I’m in.

it’s all for fun anyways and so many thought this team was a better after Bruce had a ton of success down the stretch.

we lost demko and this team looked pathetic.  No horvat next season ouch. 

only way I lose is if the team wins in which case I also win but l also lose. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I disagree, now we have a goalie combo so the goalie doesn’t need to get injured.

Better system

More speed and players that think faster

So you can forget about bottom 7 

630C7E7E-B2F7-4F4D-9FA8-B23DDF528C00.gif

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

???

What does Horvat have to do with Myers being gone this summer (as you mentioned)???

He was the only signifikant raise this summer.

So if he still were here we had to trade Myers with a pick as smothener.

We can go on with Myers one more year if so. 

12 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Agree to disagree, Goose. I think they do want to build a competitive team and also bring a cup to Vancouver, but I don't think building a competitive team is going to bring a cup to Vancouver, only a contending team will do that. 

I havnt disagreed with this line of thinking at all.  Something lost in translation so lets just leave it at that

• Cheers 1