The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think we have to think of Miller as a Winger,  get him a good Center and he’ll be even better than what he is now.

Love his leadership role here..  

Here, taking a couple of fun jabs at EP ,  and rightfully so ..  EP has jabbed at him.. 

perhaps it might be the humour between them that creates a very tight bond..

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/shown-what-weve-been-working-towards-miller-satisfied-after-well-fought-win-vs-maple-leafs/

My best friend is the complete opposite of me.  Probably why we get along so well.  If we were too similar it would be quite boring.  Miller is the yin to Petey's yang...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Quinn Hughes is an absolute stud, but I don't understand why we're playing him around 28 minutes a night when they're not really chasing a playoff spot, and when a win hurts their lottery odds. 

Ultimately it’s the players game and it’s the players that matter. 
I would think if coaching or management plays games with their heads they will disconnect from the team and turn the locker room upside down . 

Let them play , within reason , to their own content and ability. A thoroughbred race horse has to run. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That’s the problem right there. People just love wins but they could care less if it hurts us long term. These wins bother me because it’s De ja vu all over again. Insanity people insanity. We need a top pick out of a bad season. I don’t care if I sound like I am whining. We can’t keep doing this, can we?

Whats really bizarre about your opinion is that you seem to think your fellow Canuck fans are capable of stopping the tank's progress, and are confused as to why we would choose to use that power at this moment.  And if its not the case then what exactly can't we keep doing?  And more importantly, what do we have to do to help them not win so we can get the prize from North Vancouver? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by kilgore
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

You did? 

They're in a very unique situation with NJ and a move like that would have brought back multiple core pieces to help this team move past this spot.

I didn't want him gone, just the top line depth and cap space that move would provide.  I still think it's not a horrible idea, though that ship has probably sailed for NJ.

10 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Quinn Hughes is an absolute stud, but I don't understand why we're playing him around 28 minutes a night when they're not really chasing a playoff spot, and when a win hurts their lottery odds. 

I’d opine it’s a couple reasons:

Tocchet is a new coach and wants to endear himself to his players, some of whom are likely chasing nice little bonuses.

imho, he’s delicately balancing asserting control and system development, trying to elevate pride while at the same time understanding what’s at stake for some guys personally and financially. 

some players really thrive with high TOI. I think he’s just giving it to them until they show signs of needing to be reigned in a bit. It’s building trust. It’s good. 

I don’t think the players or coaching (to an extent) give a poop about the draft position. It has no bearing on the now, which is what they concentrate on most as a pro athlete.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1