The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

My previous predictions, I still stand firm.    Demko is going to be on fire for the remainder of the season and the Canucks will select 8th - 11th 

Will it be possible demko bubble will being us to the playoffs. Remaining games all win! Get some good bounces. Bedard holds out win win for the blue green team!

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

They're in a very unique situation with NJ and a move like that would have brought back multiple core pieces to help this team move past this spot.

I didn't want him gone, just the top line depth and cap space that move would provide.  I still think it's not a horrible idea, though that ship has probably sailed for NJ.

I wasn’t talking about your reasons for trading him. I’m talking about your reasons for why you think Hughes isn’t a top pairing defenseman in this league and isn’t a true #1.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I wasn’t talking about your reasons for trading him. I’m talking about your reasons for why you think Hughes isn’t a top pairing defenseman in this league and isn’t a true #1.

Because he believes a true #1 should be a more compete Dman. 

unfortunately this is entirely subjective to what each club needs. And in our case, we needed an O driver from the backend  that can skate like Paul Coffey. And we got him. He’s a definitive #1 and the best cotmdamn O Dman we’ve ever had in 53 years. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, billabong said:

His play in the last month or so has elevated him to true No.1 D status 

This is one of the primary reasons why management owed it to Hughes to find at least one other quality NHL D-man to give him a bit of help right now, as opposed to just accumulating draft picks and hoping we'll eventually find another good D-man one day.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 2

10 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Is it just me or is Boeser playing well these last few game?

Boeser is showing his playmaking abilities... which have always been under-rated.

His formerly killer wrist shot is still lost somewhere in the dark dungeon of his own mind, but he is making nice passes.

He really needs to get a positivity coach and also to work on the wrist shot with intensity... at some point muscle memory will overcome his mental hangup.

He is still capable of making nice tips and tap ins... but if he could somehow get confidence in his shooting abilities back, he would be a really effective player.

He IS slow... no question, but he is smart in how his positions himself which makes up for that deficit to a certain extent.

And he is a big boy... he is solid on his feet along the boards and can be an effective puck cycler because his passes are usually smart ones... he doesn't over pressure his passes... if he doesn't have an outlet, he puts it back to the point or to a safe player.

I still think Canucks would be best to trade him if they can get defensive assets in return... but he should not be dumped for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Canuck #12 said:

This is one of the primary reasons why management owed it to Hughes to find at least one other quality NHL D-man to give him a bit of help right now, as opposed to just accumulating draft picks and hoping we'll eventually find another good D-man one day.

Hopefully they find two solid defensive defensemen with some size to fill out the top four. 

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Is it just me or does the officiating just seem like trash? It's been bad for long now.

Officiating in this game was garbage...

Non-call on high stick on Boeser right in front of the Ref... followed by 4 minute high sticking penalty on Canuck player.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Will it be possible demko bubble will being us to the playoffs. Remaining games all win! Get some good bounces. Bedard holds out win win for the blue green team!

Annnnd what happens when we do make the playoffs! Vancouver sucks.   If demko is not standing on his two nutz, they will get destroyed.   They need another pettersson type player.  And it’s even more frustrating when I see cdc cheering for joy when they win amd calling blasphemy if anyone who doesn’t and the same people cry when we never win a high draft pick

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

They don’t try to lose.

They just don’t try as hard to win. 

:bigblush:

Teams should not be rewarded for sucking. Drafting should be a complete lotto that’s it . The regular season would mean so much more. 

• Cheers 1

I missed the first 10 mins, so didnt see Myers' hit on whiny boy.  Joshua's was wonderful to see too.  Extra rough night for Tavares :lol:

Refs tried to help the tank, but Lucky Murray was hearing none of it.

That was fun.

• There it is 1