The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Strawbone said:

This is such a confusing time of year. I feel guilty for enjoying wins!

But knowing that we're winning despite icing a pretty weak roster because we have a few of the best players in the league who don't know how to lose is damn encouraging. Bedard Shmedard, we already have our superstars!

But seriously, can we also have Bedard please?

....you man the same superstars that have kept us out of the playoffs for 7 of the last 8 years?   Those guys?????

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yep, it was laughable. You’d prefer we lose to that lineup?

Literally no one believes this team is good. This sentiment is getting old…it’s meme-worthy. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They lost meaningful games to bad teams all season.  I’m not gonna cheer for them to win when there’s no pressure and it only hurts our future.

You do you. Sucks seeing solid posters reduced to repetitive whining.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Why is it whining to point out that we literally do the same thing every season and get nowhere?      Sorry for not being gullible…

Well said and thankfully there are many fans that are NOT suffering from Canucks "Stockholm Syndrome" (look it up) and are demanding an end to the engrained culture of failure this franchise is all about year after year after year and refuse to accept the Propaganda and Scripted B.S. being fed to us by Aqua-lini and Management that "We'll be better next year".    

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Feels very different to me this season, but I could be wrong! I don't like being pessimistic, but I see lots of people like you are and that's fine. We'll see where the team is at in a couple of years, and until then... cheers!  :towel:

......if you're saying "so-long" until the team gets better, we may as well say our Goodbyes now.  It was nice knowing you!  :rolleyes:

Image result for grave stone

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Absolutely, this draft is stacked all the way to about the 15-20th picks.

I could see a guy like Cristall falling into someone’s lap the way that Cole Caufield did back in 2019. Obviously he’s not as small as Caufield and I highly doubt he drops to 15, but if his name is on the board when we’re pick at let’s say 10th, then we have to take a hard look at him. 

Yes indeed.  It's a very deep draft.  Too bad we don't have an extra 1st Rd. and early 2nd Rd. Pick.  That could change this franchise for years to come.   Oh Wait......

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol PA is going to trade that pick for a win now player or draft more swedes/russians.. any of of those guys are going to be a project and not NHL ready any time soon.. doesn't align with what PA is doing... 

Or more likely to clear cap.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They lost meaningful games to bad teams all season.

I’m not gonna cheer for them to win when there’s no pressure and it only hurts our future.

Don't forget the back to back losses to Buffalo and Detroit last year in games that could have put us right in the thick of the playoff race.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Of course I don’t want them to mail it in, but at the same time I’m not gonna celebrate meaningless victories when the pressures off.

I would like to see them manage the roster better though. Delia needs to be back in next game and they need to stop playing Hughes so much.

It's bizarre that they're playing Hughes so much that they're giving him practice days off. It's almost as if they're desperately trying to minimize their lottery chances.

Year after year of this team fighting ultimate success for short term success. 
When this season was lost there was no need to make the coaching change when they did, there was no need to spend cap like championship calibre team, there was no need to trade for an injured defenceman that could be had in the off-season. 
We keep making decisions at the wrong time so that we can feel better about a few wins at the end of the year when there is no chance of playoffs because this team can only win when pressure is off. 
It is so predictable what this team will do, have said this is exactly how season would play out all season long from the mid season coaching change and bump, the end of year win streak and the selling off of valuable draft assets for shortcut deals. It is all so predictable because it is almost always a decent move at the worst possible time that describes our management. 

• RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Provost said:

We go on a good run to end a season again, people fall for it and ignore the evidence of their own eyes  believing the team is actually good.

Yay for not getting top ten picks!  Those are way over rated anyways. 

Ok what specifically on this roster needs to change for us to be a good team? 

Like let's get detailed here

Forwards? What needs to change? 

Only question mark is Miller @ 2C for me but even that seems ok. I don't think his improved play is a mirage. I think it's a byproduct of good coaching. 

Demko is a top 5 goalie. 

That leaves defense. 

Hughes is getting better and better. Hronek was a legit top 4 add. 

We're missing 2 more legit top 4 D? OEL and Myers.... Can either play the 4D and the other slide down to 5D and anchor 3rd pairing? 

Can we grab one more legit top 4 dmen this summer? 

I personally think that's all we really need. 

That and the PK needs to improve and then we are actually quite a good team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1