The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Boom. This post is right on the money. The rational fans make it a lot more fun. It’s wild to me that people want to intentionally lose every game for the last 20 games. Well team tank has been pushing for the past 15 or so games so I guess everyone wants to be depressed for nearly half a season. What a mentality to have. 

True. Not a healthy way to go through life.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's not the losing out on Bedard. It's losing out on the top 5. It's what happens every year. If this happened once, ya we shouldn't complain. It's the retool on the fly and winning streaks when we are so far out of it. It's funny how many are willing to accept the same thing every year.

So what can we as fans on a message board, due to resolve this? Honest question.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Boom. This post is right on the money. The rational fans make it a lot more fun. It’s wild to me that people want to intentionally lose every game for the last 20 games. Well team tank has been pushing for the past 15 or so games so I guess everyone wants to be depressed for nearly half a season. What a mentality to have. 

Yes because your mentality of cheering when they win meaningless games at the end of the year (yet again) makes so much sense too.

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's not the losing out on Bedard. It's losing out on the top 5. It's what happens every year. If this happened once, ya we shouldn't complain. It's the retool on the fly and winning streaks when we are so far out of it. It's funny how many are willing to accept the same thing every year.

If I hear the "same thing every year" one more time? :lol:

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

We were never gonna get Bedard anyway. We will still get a good pick. It’s nice to see us playing good hockey! It’s fun! 

you mean like every single year after they got eliminated? i dunno how i feel about podz and lem in terms of actual impact on the team in the future..

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So what can we as fans on a message board, due to resolve this? Honest question.

It's a forum where people are allowed to voice their displeasure whether you agree or not. You don't have to try to control what people want to say if people want to vent or not. Let them vent. You don't have to like it. There are very good and true reasons why fans are frustrated with this franchise.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes because your mentality of cheering when they win meaningless games at the end of the year (yet again) makes so much sense too.

We win! Miller dominates. Damn we are looking better than Tony the Tiger! 

• Like 3

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

You’ve been around long enough to know that the organization is more interested in putting a good product on the ice for the ticket drive for next year than they are worried about anything else. Especially after all the bad PR this season. They aren’t going to be intentionally throwing games while people still have chants of “sell the team” fresh in their heads. Like it or not, it’s a business. They are going to sell hope for the future. Hard. 

Yea I definitely get that part of it.

But guess what would bring more fans to the table than artificially pumping up an average team? Drafting another superstar.

If Aquilini can’t see the value of drafting a player like Michkov, one that will bring fans out of their seats I question his ability…

Never mind not even worth it to analyze his ability to run a franchise.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's a forum where people are allowed to voice their displeasure whether you agree or not. You don't have to try to control if people want to vent or not. Let them vent. You don't have to like it. There are very good and true reasons why fans are frustrated with this franchise.

Yeah but you’ve made the same post 398763 times now. We get it, move on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Exactly. And ultimately, as fans, we want a winning team, with real potential to 

win the Cup.

To be fair, I believe the Tankers want that as well. They just have different ways of wanting to get to that goal. Unfortunately what we want isn’t going to change the outcome of games, win or lose. 

16 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I understand wanting a better draft pick. Makes the losses easier to take. But players/coaches aren’t going to intentionally lose. Competitive people just aren’t built that way. There’s no point in complaining about players/coaches doing what they are paid to do. Win games. 

THIS!!!

It’s exactly why I cringe when fans and media label pro athletes as “entertainers”. Why would anyone believe they’re out there for anything other or less than competition and the will to win? 

• Cheers 2

I don't understand all the complaints about winning games at the end of every year and all we do is ruin our draft position. We have had 4 1st round picks in the past 6 years and 3 of them are on the team today. Those 3 are Pettersson, Hughes and Podkolzin........exactly how much better could we have done in the draft by losing at the end of the year? Would people have felt better if we had finished last, had the 1st pick and taken Petey in his draft year as opposed to 5th overall?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

In a re-Draft, Petey and Hughes, and maybe even Kuzmenko, would be in the Top 5, maybe Top 3. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea we are.

If you don’t see how we just went through one of the worst seasons in franchise history for nothing and not feel crappy about it I don’t know what to tell you.

You can call it whining or being dramatic I see it as being robbed of a future that could include another elite piece to throw the window wide open for the next 10-15 years.

Now we’ll be lucky if we can even snag a second our D man or third line center. Thats the Vancouver way though. We’ll be lucky to get one decent run before going into another “retool”.

Don't let the dark side win ... it's not too late ... we're here for you ... let the "retool" flow through you ... 

yoda-the-force.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1