The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday March 11 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

But he’s also not that type of player. 
Ppl need to accept that. 

I’d like to see everyone stand up for each other but it’s just not in the wheelhouse of some players.
Is it expected that QH go and run someone over in retaliation?

Of course not!

BB6 needs to improve his game sure, but he’s not a grinder or grit player, so kind of unfair to expect him to be one. 
Just better he finds another team that can make up for some of what he doesn’t bring to the table. 

You don't need to run anyone over but you can lean on someone or put a stick on them if they are out of line.

6 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Hrudey focusing on the losing goalie who has only t shots against...

Q: Demko made 10 saves... what about him?

A: Demko doesn't play for an Ontario team - so he isn't worthy of discussion on HNIC (Live from Toronna)

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lol

So sick of Drance. Trying not to have to listen to him but he keeps showing up in media scrums making an ass of himself with condescending questions.

The guy has been anointed a premiere media voice in our market and he openly despises this team. I wish he would go away.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

Another monster period from my bot JT Miller. Yeah let's trade him. You guys are out of your freaking minds.

They've got a lot of cap space to clear and he's one of only a few players who would bring back a positive return, plus cap space.

I don't know a single poster who thinks he should be traded because he's not a great player.

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

But he’s also not that type of player. 
Ppl need to accept that. 

I’d like to see everyone stand up for each other but it’s just not in the wheelhouse of some players.
Is it expected that QH go and run someone over in retaliation?

Of course not!

BB6 needs to improve his game sure, but he’s not a grinder or grit player, so kind of unfair to expect him to be one. 
Just better he finds another team that can make up for some of what he doesn’t bring to the table. 

Just another reason James Neal is better than Brock Boeser. 

Do we really want guys on our team with zero push back?? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Not to mention how it all went down in terms of the pressure phone call in the middle of the night, etc. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wayne-gretzky-vancouver-canucks-new-york-rangers-toronto-maple-leafs-pat-quinn/

The incident you are referring to is the 2nd time they almost had Gretzky. He liked the terms of the offer but wanted the night to think it over. Ownership demanded Quinn pressure Gretzky to sign immediately. 

The first incident is from several years earlier involving a blockbuster trade, similar to what eventually came to fruition between the Oilers and the Kings. The sticking point from what I recall was a large sum of cash going Edmonton’s way. It was 7 figures, though I forget exactly how much. Ownership said no to that. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

You don't need to run anyone over but you can lean on someone or put a stick on them if they are out of line.

He’s not that type.

lots of players across the league that don’t play that way. 
I just find it kind of redundant to focus on that ya know? Like the guy is crucified every game by so many ppl, no need to add on another reason that is solely based in perception of what a hockey player should be, rather than what individually some are and some aren’t. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it’s not BB6’s game and that’s just simply the player he is. Passive. 

Just now, stawns said:

They've got a lot of cap space to clear and he's one of only a few players who would bring back a positive return, plus cap space.

I don't know a single poster who thinks he should be traded because he's not a great player.

Please stop bud. So tired of cap reasoning for moving this guy. He'll earn every penny of that contract for at least 3-4 more years and then we can talk.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

That might be why. Overplayed

Might be a good 22 minute guy.

In 4 games with the Sens he has 4 points and is +1 before this game. Never played more than 22 minutes in every of the game. 

Could be a good situation with the Sens and Chychrun. Could be a solid #2 or 3 for them.