The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Aidan McDonough to two year contract

Odd.

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

CapFriendly lists him as a center. All other sites list him as LW.

Be nice if he can play center or at least develop into one but my guess is he starts on the wing.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

They have McDonough listed as a C? I thought he was strictly a LW?

If so, could Aiden become that #3C the Canucks need?

Noticed that as well, you beat me to asking..... barely ::D

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Glad to see he's officially signed.

I think many of us were worried he might take off considering how things have turned out with his buddy Rathbone here.

I guess the reality is it is actually pretty rare for college draft picks to abandon their team.  We just take notice of the ones that do, when in reality the majority of the players sign on with the team that drafted them.

?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Never seen an ELC get signed that starts next season. So he won't be playing for the big team this season.

that's good news, it means he will likely sign an ATO with Abby and get right nto their lineup and play in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If he does play this year it will be with Abby on an ATO as his contract does not kick in till the 23-24 season

where did yu see that? If so, I expect he'll sign an ato with Abby

Just now, stawns said:

what's happening with Rathbone?

His development process here was nothing to write home about.  Yes, covid had an impact on it, but at one time thought to be a sure fire top 4 LHD, he likely has a huge uphill battle in front of him to get anywhere near a top 4 defence role in this league now.  He turns 24 in 2 months. 

Just now, HKSR said:

His development process here was nothing to write home about.  Yes, covid had an impact on it, but at one time thought to be a sure fire top 4 LHD, he likely has a huge uphill battle in front of him to get anywhere near a top 4 defence role in this league now.  He turns 24 in 2 months. 

he's playing very well in Abby and I'm not sure why that would have anything to do with AM signing.  Are you implying that the Canucks have somehow botched JR's development?