The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Aidan McDonough to two year contract

Odd.

2 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Podkolzin seems most likely but I love the way he's played under Tocc

Yeah.  He's down to 10 minutes a game however.  So might be best to get him some top line minutes in Abby.  He's slated to go down there anyways once the NHL season is over, so maybe they get him down there sooner to help with Abby's playoff run...

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Need another level from him.

I want him to go down to Abby and keep working on his offense.

I'd like to see him get a chance with either Petey or Miller next year.  He played well with Miller in his rookie season.  Playing with Dries as your centre certainly isn't going to increase your offence...

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe?

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Beauvillier

Podkolzin - Miller - Kravtsov

McDonough - Aman - Garland

Joshua - Dries - Boeser

Studnicka

You forgot about Mikheyev.  Also, I doubt Boeser ever plays on the 4th line.  We will get a Lazar type player in free agency to fill that hole...

EDIT:  Oh sorry, you probably mean for this year.  Yes, I can see that too.  For the last 10-15 games or so...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

The signing should happen fairly quickly. I’d been thinking they might wait until after selection day (March 19th), just in case Northeastern somehow snuck into the national tournament, but they’ve dropped to 19th in RPI and 20th in PairWise rankings (the selection committee tends to mirror PairWise), so basically there’s no chance they get picked as one of the 16 teams. Northeastern was around 15th/16th not too long ago and if they’d held that ranking, they’d likely be gifted a berth in the tournament. At 20th, however, I doubt the selection committee chooses them, especially since their decision process and criteria are math-based and ostensibly objective.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Does this kid even get get games this season? Who does he take out of the lineup? Kravtsov?

Definitely; they need to assess his skill level.  They will probably rotate him up and down the lineup

to see where he might fit.  That way, they will be able to tell him what he needs to work on in the offseason.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe?

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Beauvillier

Podkolzin - Miller - Kravtsov

McDonough - Aman - Garland

Joshua - Dries - Boeser

Studnicka

I don't wan't Brock on the 4th line at all. Send him a message if he won't play like his hair's on fire he won't play.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I don't wan't Brock on the 4th line at all. Send him a message if he won't play like his hair's on fire he won't play.  

I doubt putting him on the 4th line will help him in any event.  Checking/energy player is hardly his forte.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1