Odd.

On 3/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe?

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Beauvillier

Podkolzin - Miller - Kravtsov

McDonough - Aman - Garland

Joshua - Dries - Boeser

Studnicka

The Canucks are clogged on the wings, they need to create cap space not adding to a cap that’s already millions over it.  But he’s exactly what they’re looking for in that age bracket.

Pearson, Boeser, Garland, Beauvillier, Mikheyev, Kravtsov, Pdkolzin, Hoglander, McDonough,  something’s gotta give.  Hope Allvin has a plan to get us back to the cap.

The Canucks aren’t getting rid of Podz,  Kravtsov, or Hoglander they’re part of the future.  Are Dries and Giuseppe long term answers?  I like them both but I like the kids more. 

Just now, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks are clogged on the wings, they need to create cap space not adding to a cap that’s already millions over it.  But he’s exactly what they’re looking for in that age bracket.

Pearson, Boeser, Garland, Beauvillier, Mikheyev, Kravtsov, Pdkolzin, Hoglander, McDonough,  something’s gotta give.  Hope Allvin has a plan to get us back to the cap.

The Canucks aren’t getting rid of Podz,  Kravtsov, or Hoglander they’re part of the future.  Are Dries and Giuseppe long term answers?  I like them both but I like the kids more. 

Bye Boeser. 

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not to poop on anyone's hype, but Gaudette was a Hobey Baker winner and was significantly more productive than McD at this age. 

You’re right. 

However, the skill set from then to now has been exponential in the trend towards skill and shot. 

The biggest hurdle is skating. 

Canucks can save money by buying out Myers after hie gets his signing bonus paid out.  Ferland FINALLY comes off.  Pearson has one more year but could be put on waivers.  A $1.75 mill cap hit is a lot more digestible for a team looking to make a run.  He’s not too old (31) to help a team. The cap goes up a couple million at least.  But even with all that money getting freed up I still wonder if it will be enough to get Petey signed. 

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Canucks can save money by buying out Myers after hie gets his signing bonus paid out.  Ferland FINALLY comes off.  Pearson has one more year but could be put on waivers.  A $1.75 mill cap hit is a lot more digestible for a team looking to make a run.  He’s not too old (31) to help a team. The cap goes up a couple million at least.  But even with all that money getting freed up I still wonder if it will be enough to get Petey signed. 

Pearson likely won't be playing next season