Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

How about we keep it hockey related.

I can help arrange that

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

7 goals against: thats what happens when you dont support the gays

7 goals against in a Hockey Game: thats what happens when you dont support the gays

Now it's Hockey Related :emot-parrot::towel:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 different players recorded an assist with Myers having two.

Hughes 

Miller

Garland

Kuzmenko

Joshua 

Di Giuseppe 

Aman

Beauviller

Pettersson 

Myers x 2

As well, five of those players had a goal to go with their assist. 

Miller

Garland

Kuzmenko

Joshua 

Di Giuseppe 

Damn. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

"I'll be in involved, you can't just shake their hand & say see ya in 4 months" - Tocchet elaborating on it being a 'big summer' for many guys.

Also said he thought Joshua has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer & important penalty killer if he really dedicates himself. (That would be a massive coup for our team)

Rick Tocchet is an impressive leader imo, he seems like just what this group needs to take the next step. He's committed to raising that bar & he's doing a good job. 

We'll need to see exactly how things unfold next season when he can fully get his systems implemented, but yeah, he looks like he's been good for the team. 

While Boudreau was that "feel good" coach and he let players have their creative freedom on the ice, I think RT is a little more actively involved with the players and following up with them even extending to the offseason. 

He's trying to set structure and that's what has been really good for this team.

Everyone was skeptical because of his previous poor records but hey, coaches can develop too. 

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Had the pleasure of going to both the Juice night and the Sedins/Luongo night this year....and let me say, Juice night was wayyyyyy better.

Would love if he became the next color guy for this team.

4BFADB6F-A9D8-4108-A980-F16571166325.thumb.jpeg.4b0db1d2cff26a3ac0985f68d7204ef9.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

How long ago did you write it? Looked but no luck yet

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Early thoughts are what I was hoping for. Solid young top 4 dman. Offensive acumen. And best served for the team mostly in the 2nd pair and 2nd PP position. 

I suspect that will continue aside from the overloading of special teams or face off situations. 

Hronek is a smooth skater, is a thinker, has great hands, anticipates plays quickly and moves to a position to be reliable defensively or take advantage offensively. 

Looks to make smart plays, doesn’t get rattled or rushed into dumb plays. Hard, crisp passes. Other teammates may not have been used to that. But, his passing looks at or near elite. Tape to tape. Great outlets. One pass from the backend and it’s almost to Center ice a few times. 

He’s smallish, but plays hard. He’ll have a tough time handling bigger forwards. I can that being a weakness. Hopefully the team pairs him with a big bodied reliable defensive partner that can assume the role of taking on the tougher matchups. But, he didn’t shy away from it, so even though his size could be a weakness, his heart, willingness and ‘jam’ seems to be a strength. 

Some aspects of his style and play and understated swagger, point to shades of Bieksa for me. Not comparing the two outright, but just seeing a little of him tonight gave me some flashbacks of how Juice played. Don’t know if that’ll last and definitely don’t consider to be as physical as KB3. 

That’s my take so far. 

There you go. 

So it's only 1 game, but I was extremely impressed with what I saw from Hronek, and he didn't even get a point. Noticed him the whole night in positive ways, excellent passing, positioning, not shying away from rough stuff. I had concerns when I first saw the trade and his high point totals that he may be a offence at the sacrifice of defense kind of player but that's definitely not the case, he may even be our best D at the defense side of things. It's still early, and we need to play some better teams to see how he does with the group, but I'm feeling a heck of a lot better about that trade now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

For his first game with us,

Solid .  Strong.

Direct coverage,  positional,  very good first time pass to engage an offensive entry.

Close coverage supporting the forwards.

Above average Skating and mobility forward and reverse.  
He is relentless hounding the puck carrier.

Glue.

isn’t afraid to recognize a lane to activate from the O blue line to the offensive crease.

minimal mistakes.

Im impressed.    I think he played safe,  learning to read his new team mates.

One thing that impressed me with Hronek is his first pass.  Right on the tape and gets it out quick.  Makes the transition nice and smooth.  Has a better first pass than Hughes.  He's also a very good skater with good edge work.  We didn't see much of his shot tonight.  Looking forward to seeing that next game.

Most importantly, he played the most minutes tonight.  So now Hughes has an equal that can log 23-24 minutes a night with no issues.  I would keep them separate so we have 2 great D pairings.  I think Gavrikov is coming to Vancouver.  #WeAreGoldStar is gonna make that happen...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

One thing that impressed me with Hronek is his first pass.  Right on the tape and gets it out quick.  Makes the transition nice and smooth.  Has a better first pass than Hughes.  He's also a very good skater with good edge work.  We didn't see much of his shot tonight.  Looking forward to seeing that next game.

Most importantly, he played the most minutes tonight.  So now Hughes has an equal that can log 23-24 minutes a night with no issues.  I would keep them separate so we have 2 great D pairings.  I think Gavrikov is coming to Vancouver.  #WeAreGoldStar is gonna make that happen...

In 4 - 5 games I think he has a map on the tendencies of his forwards in the transition,.  Some activate earlier.  Some later,.  I think with a little communication practice and in games  he is pistol whipping guys like EP, Miller, Kuz Podz, Mihkey, Garland Joshua, Dries in full stride crossing Center Ice or the O Blueline…

perhaps a few off the end zone rebound passes as well..   

Damn, He and the possibility of Gavrikov will fill an ammo box.

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1