The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, 3PM PST (6PM EST) March 26, 2023 ... at Da United Center ... The Choke Cup Championships

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Chance of Making the Playoffs  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Win or lose, let's have some fun.  We do not know the winning lottery number for the draft so best enjoy this and maybe we move up if the Canucks land this number by leapfrogging 10 places and still a win-win even if no Bedard.   I still dislike the lottery, imagine this, if there is a different rules where we have more wins against non-playoff team, we'd land a #1 draft pick.  That is a way to discourage tanking.   Then the bottom dwelling teams would be force to get better players via the free agent rather than being a cheapskate during off-season.  Good for business.

CHI roster has quite a few developing prospects - Canucks should be able to have some success but let's see if Hawks goaltending can keep them in it - predicting a 5-2 victory for the Canucks this afternoon.  

Regarding Canucks final position, I did mention they may finish around 12-14 few weeks back and still will keep to that number.  If that happens, I actually prefer the worst team Columbus / SJ getting Bedard meaning other teams wasted their tank efforts (no pun) a bit and will need to start all over anyway. All the local tank talk would have been for not as we would not have finished bottom 3 even if  we tried. Worst team got the best draft prospects as it  should be.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

His 10.5M 8 year contract hasn’t kicked in yet and he is getting benched now at crucial moments…wow

C497F267-EFAE-43DA-AE84-5252093BE01E.jpeg

I was pointing out in the Boeser thread, although the stat totals have changed, but... 

Huberdeau - 71 GP / 50 PTS ($10.5 mil a year)

Boeser - 64 GP / 47 PTS ($6.65 mil a year) 

Unless this is an off-year for JH, what a horrid contract for the Flamers. Too funny. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I was pointing out in the Boeser thread, although the stat totals have changed, but... 

Huberdeau - 71 GP / 50 PTS ($10.5 mil a year)

Boeser - 64 GP / 47 PTS ($6.65 mil a year) 

Unless this is an off-year for JH, what a horrid contract for the Flamers. Too funny. 

It's a very off year for him. He had 115 points last season and has was averaging well over a PPG the three years preceeding that. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

We have an elite core (especially after dumping Bo) and added to the group with Hronek. This club is primed and ready to soar to the top of the standings next season and stay there for a long time. We are great! 

Unless Hroneek wants a 10m contract extension.....