The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Evgeny Kuznetsov has reportedly asked for a trade

It would have to be for players that can play now.The caps want to win now as Ovi said he will NOT go threw a rebuild.  

Me Brock has to be one going back.Myers half his contract after signing bonus. Plus a 4th for their 5th.

That should do it since he asked for a trade.  

If we have to move out more money to make it happen I agree that Beau would have to be the guy for a late first and good young prospect plus a 4th.  

This way we still have three good lines and can still sign a D. 

I don't know if we will trade for him but if we did this is what I would try.

44 minutes ago, tas said:

I guess I don't get the point. i don't feel represented by a team of players that I don't respect and can't feel a connection to. at that points it's just cheering because I like pnw colours and killer whales. 

Most follow a team because they're fans. That's it. For me, I want to see the Cup raised in Vancouver by the Canucks. 

Feeling the need to be represented by a bunch of strangers? That seems like a more recent requirement that maybe a more entitled fanbase demands. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Not a player I would currently want to sign.  He wouldn't fit in our lineup, and i think even if he replaced Boeser and they took Myers, we would be disappointed with his level of effort on a nightly basis.  Just an excuse to keep loosing with him in the lineup.  No point pay more for less (yes his stats were better...)

Mostly my opinion.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, CoquitlamDave said:

Not a player I would currently want to sign.  He wouldn't fit in our lineup, and i think even if he replaced Boeser and they took Myers, we would be disappointed with his level of effort on a nightly basis.  Just an excuse to keep loosing with him in the lineup.  No point pay more for less (yes his stats were better...)

Mostly my opinion.  

Depending on what comes with him, but I'd take him and a bunch of sweeteners for miller.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Most follow a team because they're fans. That's it. For me, I want to see the Cup raised in Vancouver by the Canucks. 

Feeling the need to be represented by a bunch of strangers? That seems like a more recent requirement that maybe a more entitled fanbase demands. 

so why do you want them to win? so a bunch of strangers who may or may not be scumbags can lift a piece of metal over their heads in roughly the same geographic area as you?

it's hollow to me. meaningless if I can't invest emotionally. 

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

There is no "type" of person that does drugs, it crosses all social, economic, and "neatly dressed" categories.

motion lol GIF by Archer

if there's one thing I'm good at, it's judging character. coke heads who blatantly lie about it have poor character. 

• RoughGame 2

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

3 Firsts, Kuznetsov, for Miller and OEL? 

They need at least one prospect who is almost ready in that deal.  Iorio is my preference.  I doubt they could take oel on as well as miller.

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

A caps fan on HFBoards suggested OEL (full cap hit), Myers, Garland, and a 2nd round pick for Kuznetsov and Mantha.

I would 100% do this trade.

Mantha/Pettersson/Kuzmenko

Miller/Kuznetsov/Mikheyev

Beauvillier/______/Podkolzin

Joshua/Aman/PDG

Trade Boeser at $1-2M retained.

I’d run to the airport to do that deal. 

3 hours ago, tas said:

there are a decent number, but it's not like it once was. and I'd be very surprised if any of the name brand players on the canucks even dabbled. none of them seem like the type. 

Some of my all time favourite NHL players were “coke heads”. Not gonna mention any names. 

Also, Jason Botchford was a great guy and loved by many. Sometimes, people get caught up on a situation. Doesn’t mean they are bad people. Everyone has their demons in life. 

God told me never to judge. Just remember, when you point at somebody else there are always 3 fingers pointing right back at you. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Some of my all time favourite NHL players were “coke heads”. Not gonna mention any names. 

Also, Jason Botchford was a great guy and loved by many. Sometimes, people get caught up on a situation. Doesn’t mean they are bad people. Everyone has their demons in life. 

God told me never to judge. Just remember, when you point at somebody else there are always 3 fingers pointing right back at you. 

botchford was a tool and him unfortunately ODIng doesn't change that. it was also obvious at times that he was at least dabbling in stimulants from some of the tv spots he did for tsn where he was completely bouncing off the walls, which was not his normal demeanor. 

god has never told me anything. common sense has told me that judgement is one of my primary evolutionary advantages and should be used for self preservation. 

5 hours ago, tas said:

there are a decent number, but it's not like it once was. and I'd be very surprised if any of the name brand players on the canucks even dabbled. none of them seem like the type. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

motion lol GIF by Archer

if there's one thing I'm good at, it's judging character. coke heads who blatantly lie about it have poor character. 

This is painful to read. You are clearly very uneducated on drug usage.

Funny that you claim to be a good judge of character while displaying poor character.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

This is painful to read. You are clearly very uneducated on drug usage.

Funny that you claim to be a good judge of character while displaying poor character.

I'm intimately acquainted with drug use and addiction. 

• Huggy Bear 2

11 hours ago, tas said:

I'm intimately acquainted with drug use and addiction. 

So do all those poor folks from the late 90's to late 2000's, and even still today with better medical practices, who had a surgery or an accident, from all walks of life have "poor character" too after getting hooked on pain meds?    Funny, I used to sit on a throne, and asked during interviews if they had addiction issues point blank.   Using equipment that could kill mattered, didn't care if it was out of bounds.    And felt some righteousness around the subject (must be weak).   Wasn't wise enough (yet) ... sure am now, have a lot of empty for people dealing with this.  

Eventually, after over a decade of this policy, hired one, and the  another one a couple years later that did because they were honest about it and didn't drink at the site.    We're great employees.  And became good friends, they were reliable.   Functional addicts one could say.   As for the opioid crisis everyone knows someone - or at least should unless they have been in a cave.   One of my clients, a lovely young women, successful lawyer, kept it hidden for five years before here life imploded (Oxy's) after a surgery.   Was she lacking "character"? These are human beings.   Where the character is lacking for a lot of these souls, was in the health care system and big Pharma.     And the idea that taking meds as prescribed is ok.   It certainly wasn't.   

As for recreational use - no judgement.   Don't really see much difference between weed and alcohol.   Socially acceptable ... back in the 80's cocaine was to a degree.    Furh ... lol, didn't name anyone but said (Coco movie) he didn't have a habit, just occasional use and that there were a lot more guys using it more than he did.  I remember that time well, media circus turned him into a coke head.    Probert.   Suppose they lacked character?   Of course they didnt't.   Probert protected his friends and teammates, also used coke at times.   Furh was one of the greatest goalies ever and inspired Luongo.   

And if you want to get theological about it, hate the sin not the sinner.   Kuznetsov for sure isn't the only player that's had some coke lol.   And you can't play on it.   Would blow you heart out of your chest.   Probert said he did some once before a practice and was sluggish and thought he was going to die.   This is cancelling without all the data.    Sorry you've have intimate knowledge of this.   You'd be surprised at how much support Ottawa gave Ryan when he came out.   Suppose he's got "poor character" too.   Trauma sometimes is the issue as well, certainly played into it for Ryan. 

Edit:  Yes you may be right about his character.    But his coke use, certainly shouldn't be at the top of the list of reasons in making that judgement.    Our first Prime Minister used to drink vodka instead of water during his speeches.   Alf would be proud lol.   And the Second World War might have had a different outcome without Churchill.    Check out his daily regimen lol.   Not sure how he could even stand and move around. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

14 hours ago, tas said:

so why do you want them to win? so a bunch of strangers who may or may not be scumbags can lift a piece of metal over their heads in roughly the same geographic area as you?

So why are you on our local team’s message board? Seems you are invested emotionally.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, tas said:

Because I'm a fan of the team and have been since I was a kid watching them at the Pacific Coliseum. It's what the team does on the ice that matters, and for me that's as far as it goes.  

• Cheers 1