The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mom jeans & tight jeans for men.

Oh my gosh! I was just having a conversation about a half hour ago about my tight jeans! Oh my goodness - this is what happens when I drink too much wine, eat pasta, eat dessert, and sweets. I went from the 120s to the 130s in pounds! 

They are the skinny jeans that cuff at the bottom. 

I had a stylist tell me once that skinny jeans were for me. 

Edited by brilac

And on another note, I don't think the skinny jeans is happening for me. I am so glad to change out of those just now. I bought them when I was thinner as mentioned above. I walked twice today in them as well as took a nap in them hoping they would stretch out. But no such luck! 

• Like 1

I hate mom jeans.   They look silly, but im

sure they are comfy.  

Dudes in skinny jeans are ridiculous.  
why do we need to see your coin purse , homie?

Having said that, I’m one of those dummies that wear shorts all year round…

The hotter it gets outside, the shorter my shorts get.  
So I can’t really say anything about style  :) 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The thing about fashionable jeans is that it swings between overly baggy parachute pants and painted on second skin. 

IMO the ideal pants fit is "slim". Follows the contour of your leg of  but doesn't hug it. 

Also I think you're behind the "trend". the skin tight ones haven't been popular for a couple years. Right now it seems to be overly loose hand me down looking jeans. 

• Vintage 1

On 4/2/2023 at 8:59 AM, D.B Cooper said:

I hate mom jeans.   They look silly, but im

sure they are comfy.  

Dudes in skinny jeans are ridiculous.  
why do we need to see your coin purse , homie?

Having said that, I’m one of those dummies that wear shorts all year round…

The hotter it gets outside, the shorter my shorts get.  
So I can’t really say anything about style  :) 

Yep. Mom jeans can make 9.5/10's look like 6's. But that's part of the point I think. Part of the point is this hey look , I'm not even trying thing 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

On 4/2/2023 at 11:57 AM, McBackup said:

The thing about fashionable jeans is that it swings between overly baggy parachute pants and painted on second skin. 

IMO the ideal pants fit is "slim". Follows the contour of your leg of  but doesn't hug it. 

Also I think you're behind the "trend". the skin tight ones haven't been popular for a couple years. Right now it seems to be overly loose hand me down looking jeans. 

For men , tight is still in I'm pretty sure. I still see them a lot. 

Maybe a little bit less of the paint on tight but tight none the less 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Cheers 1

Literally have two teenaged daughters.  For those who were alive follow along.

Last year we saw the return of the 90s.  Literally like 1988-1994 was all the rage.  Crop tops, off the shoulder simpsons gear and tye died goodies.  Every clothing store we went to had crap my wife and I swear we wore or owned as kids.

Now, mom jeans and "boyfriend jeans" which were like 1995-1998.  We are seeing the mirror opposite of yoga pants, that perfected the female form in the materialized fashion of high waisted mom jeans.  Next will be (omg I can't wait) brazilian low rise)

I wish I was kidding.  Every year we're seeing a smattering of the fashion we wore as teens and our early 20s hitting the shelves and as my wife still has a TON of the clothing she owned as a teenager my daughters are absolutely rocking a vintage look that is currently fashionable but was new when this stuff was bought in the mid 90s.

That being said.  I don't care.  As long as people are wearing clothing appropriate to their phenotype/body type and I am not seeing a 300 pound human under 5 foot 6 squeezing in to size 6 jean shorts I don't care what people wear.

Fashion is subjective and if people feel good wearing the clothing they like than I refuse to steal that joy from them 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maginator said:

I rock skinny jeans and idgaf. As other posters have said... Not skin tight, but skinny/slim. This isn't 2005.

Could never wear the baggy things. Just doesn't suit me.

Some ppl can pull them off. 

But I don't think 2005 jeans were baggy af. Baggy af was the 90's 

Hey, I am 65, and my daughter says I have finally started wearing nice jeans! I thanked her, and politely told her they are $16.00 Costco jeans, that have a touch of spandex in them. I have not ripped out a ass out since i started buying them. I still am fairly active, and I rock in them!

That is right Rock in them! I don't give a $hit what anyone else thinks! They are comfortable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just wear normal jeans. For one, I need to lose weight. I'm not obese necessarily but I am a little "plump". So tight jeans would just look... weird on me.

Even as I lose weight, which I've been gradually working on, I have the body of a golem anyway. I have one of those short and wide bodies. So tight jeans would STILL likely look terrible on me. lol

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I just wear normal jeans. For one, I need to lose weight. I'm not obese necessarily but I am a little "plump". So tight jeans would just look... weird on me.

Even as I lose weight, which I've been gradually working on, I have the body of a golem anyway. I have one of those short and wide bodies. So tight jeans would STILL likely look terrible on me. lol

Levi's classic fits ? ::D