The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 06, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Akito Hirose is an NHL player.  I think he makes the team next year.  He is already better than our AHL call ups, even Rathbone.  Only Hughes, Hronek and Bear are ahead of him really.  The others can all go away.  I'd keep those 4 guys as our puck movers and surround them with 4 nasty defensive Dmen.  Gavrikov and Schenn would be 2 of my choices for that.  The other two I am not sure.  Will let Allvin figure it out.

Hughes             ??

Gavrikov         Hronek

??                   Bear

Hirose            Schenn

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, 1-d said:

Now destroy the flames' playoff hope on Saturday and that's the fitting finale for fan appreciation night.

Yeah. Then let’s beat the Ducks and coyotes to finish the season and pick 12th. Sounds like a great idea. We’ll get a crappy player in the draft and stay in mediocrity but hey at least you’ll have a couple fun nights to finish the season right?

• RoughGame 1
  • elephant 1

Take aways:

• Hirose and McWard looked ok for rookies.
  • Aman had a pretty rough game, especially just before and after his penalty.    He couldn't seem to get anything right.   Living on borrowed time IMO.
  • Garland looked great and I thought he was one of the better players tonight along with EP40.
  • Boeser,................ well Boeser was just Boeser tonight.   Likely one more last game left in this city for him.
  • Myers somehow didn't manage to screw the game up too much tonight.  So that is worthy of mention.   
  • Last but not least, Demko save our rickety defensemen tonight once again and was a hero.

On to our last home game of the season against Cowtown..........should be good!

38 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Take aways:

• Hirose and McWard looked ok for rookies.
  • Aman had a pretty rough game, especially just before and after his penalty.    He couldn't seem to get anything right.   Living on borrowed time IMO.
  • Garland looked great and I thought he was one of the better players tonight along with EP40.
  • Boeser,................ well Boeser was just Boeser tonight.   Likely one more last game left in this city for him.
  • Myers somehow didn't manage to screw the game up too much tonight.  So that is worthy of mention.   
  • Last but not least, Demko save our rickety defensemen tonight once again and was a hero.

On to our last home game of the season against Cowtown..........should be good!

Hirose and McWard aren't even rookies.  They're basically try-outs for next year.  And if Hirose plays games like he did today, expect him to make the team in September.  I'm really not sure how much more you can expect from a kid who's just played his third career game.

• Cheers 1

Man that 3rd period. Hawks were totally gunnin' for, at the very least, a non Demko shutout. Sorry. No go. Haha! But they sure played us physical and at times looked like we were rag dolled in the last stanza. 

A win?  A loss? I like to see our Canucks win, of course. Pretty much however since the Tochett takeover, I've been indifferent. The teams below us in the Bedard race weren't gonna make it easy for us to have better odds at the lottery. So with that........

Go, new Canucks Go!

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Quinn Hughes has a rather compete game. Some would argue, he does in all. It's a sentiment I largely agreed with until the latter part of this season, so I was wrong.

His shot is not a muffin anymore, and:  

So now we have it all. A harder, lower shot and hockey hooliganism. Only one thing left, C what I mean? 

Always been a hooligan. 

• Upvote 1