The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flames part ways with GM Brad Treliving, name Don Maloney as President & Interim GM

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Brad did a great job assembling a team together that was made to make a deep playoff push. IMO, the players just didn't perform up to expectation and significantly underachieved. 

I have a feeling Brad won't be without a job for long.

I agree you know the strange this is that the Flames had like 17 OTL 

if they just converted 1/4 of that it would have been enough to make the playoffs. 

The fact they outshot their opponents like crazy and most of their losses were either 1 goal games or Empty net games. Either another goal here or a key save a game would have made a difference.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Brad did a great job assembling a team together that was made to make a deep playoff push. IMO, the players just didn't perform up to expectation and significantly underachieved. 

I have a feeling Brad won't be without a job for long.

I agree. On paper they easily should have been a playoff team. Huberdeau underperforming and Markstrom having a bad year are probably the biggest things that sunk their season. But even still, a 1-2-3 center punch of Lindholm, Kadri, and Backlund is elite and even without Kylington a defense corp that includes Hanifin, Andersson, Weegar, Tanev, and Zadorov should be in the top 5.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

So Sutter has survived the guillotine? I'm sure the players are thrilled :lol:

If they hire a brand new GM from the outside, I'd be surprised if the new guy kept Sutter. New GMs tend to want their own guys.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...