The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Hire Brad Trevling

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I think the Canucks already have enough cooks in the kitchen. They must have one of the largest front offices in the league.

I think the Bruins have more than 18 people in their hockey management front office now. Vancouver is only now being given an opportunity to build a front office team whereas prior years or under different management leadership the team was kept to a far smaller number.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

No need, hard to judge him too, I thought in the off-season he was dealt a really bad hand - Gaudreau wanted to leave and Tkachuk wasn't going to re-sign, so he did the best he could with the cards he was dealt, gets Huberdeau and Kadri somehow who were off 90-100pt seasons. On paper, seemed like the team was even better with Weegar and he recoups some first round picks. Then they just suck on the ice thanks to the clash of coaches and stars. I guess even that falls to the GM at the end of the day but he had a rough off-season and made some very impressive moves to retool the team on the fly instead of just go into a tank/rebuild.

That was some very savvy trading and signing by him last season, I'm sure he'll find a job soon but no need in Vancouver, we've already got like twice as many puppet masters as most teams...