The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, Wise Guy said:

Matthews played like he misplaced his man-purse and it was weighing heavily on his mind, the rest of the team looked concerned as well.

Matthews crosschecked a guy and he wasn't suspended or even fined? The crosscheck on the Laffer kid wasn't suspension worthy. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I know but still, kinda the same as Marchand

Fans like it when their guy plays on the edge - even being a villain.  Marchand has perfected it.  But if you're doing plays with the intent to injure (as Bennett 100% did against Knies and 40% did against Bunting), fans should never condone that.  Nobody should be celebrating dirty plays that result in concussions.  Marchand has absolutely done that before in his career and was condemned/suspended for it.  Rightfully so.

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

panthers cant win the cup before canucks

leafs have to be better

and why does it matter? tampa bay already won before the canucks and plenty of cups too. carolina won before the canucks anaheim won before the canucks.. who cares? i rather florida wins than watching every closet laffs fan crawl out of their closet and celebrate on the streets of every city in canada like toronto = canada.

• Haha 1

I would rather wear a Tkachuk jersey every day than see the Leafs win the Cup. That's some serious dislike.

If the Leafs win the Cup it's all we'll ever hear about = they'll be portrayed as Canada's Heroes :sick: 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

I watched Steve Dangle's podcast yesterday. I understand as a leafs fan you'd always try to explain the losses and find reasons for optimism. But man I find myself needing to skip the part when they analyze the leafs games. They almost wanted to say panthers is up 2-0 due to luck because they've been fortunate to capitalize on every leafs turnovers. And the silly 'should-a-won' meter nonsense. Well if the 'should-a-won' meter is actually relevant, TB's meter is up there too in the first round.

They're in disbelief that their team lost both games in Florida because they still look down on the panthers despite them taking out Boston. This just makes me want to cheer for panthers even more. 

I really enjoy listening to Steve's podcast, but only when they talk about non leafs stuff lol. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

I watched Steve Dangle's podcast yesterday. I understand as a leafs fan you'd always try to explain the losses and find reasons for optimism. But man I find myself needing to skip the part when they analyze the leafs games. They almost wanted to say panthers is up 2-0 due to luck because they've been fortunate to capitalize on every leafs turnovers. And the silly 'should-a-won' meter nonsense. Well if the 'should-a-won' meter is actually relevant, TB's meter is up there too in the first round.

They're in disbelief that their team lost both games in Toronto because they still look down on the panthers despite them taking out Boston. This just makes me want to cheer for panthers even more. 

I really enjoy listening to Steve's podcast, but only when they talk about non leafs stuff lol. 

Corrected. The two first game were in Toronto lol...

Edited by canuckwings
  • Thanks 1

As much as it would be comical to see leafs get swept I think they'll take game 3. I hope panthers can make it close though. 

There's news report about Toronto fans filling up panthers arena despite the ticket restrictions. Leafs fans and media are taking every chance to disregard Florida's relevance. I hope this motivates the panthers even more. 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:08 AM, chon derry said:

Tsn panel saying bovrovsky is in samanovs head ?   I think bobrovskys in their heads.  

Already rolling out the excuses.

They gonna put this series all on goaltending and still pretend the Leafs are a perfect team?