Jack Rathbone

Aidan McDonough

Anthony Beauvillier

Tyler Myers

To Vancouver:

Brandon Carlo

Charlie Coyle

Trent Frederic

Boston is about to blow it all up.  We need to take advantage of that.  In this deal, we get our 3C, our RHD partner for Hughes, and a tough SOB that can play up and down the lineup.  In effect, we fix all of our holes in one fell swoop.  We can compete for a cup as early as next season. 

In return, we give Boston 2 first round picks and 3 prospects for their rebuild.  Jack and Aidan go back home as well.  Myers and Beau will be off Boston's books in a year so they can rebuild even further with more cap space.  

Kuzmenko     Pettersson    Mikheyev

Frederic         Miller            Boeser

Podkolzin      Coyle            Kravtsov

Joshua          Aman            Hathaway

PDG

Hughes         Carlo

OEL              Hronek

Tyramkin       Bear

Hirose           Schenn

Demko     Silovs

Pearson (LTIR)

Poolman (LTIR) or waived and sent to Abby

Cap works.  Garland gets moved to Chicago in a separate deal.  We are now a cup contender for 2024!!!!!  Your welcome Jimmy...   :)

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 3

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

If Boston is going to blow it up, Vancouver might as well swing for the fences and try for McAvoy instead of Carlo. 

I think we'd have to throw in another 1st round pick for McAvoy.  Also, the cap wouldn't work, he's at $9.5 million...

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

This is a carryover from my thread.  Boston is shedding cap.  They're not about to blow it all up for a rebuild.

Yes, this is an official proposal.  If Boston decides to blow it up and wants to get back those two first round picks they threw away plus 3 prospects (2 local boys), plus be able to shed over $10 million in cap in 2024 (Myers, Beau), then I would say that this is the deal for them...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think we'd have to throw in another 1st round pick for McAvoy.  Also, the cap wouldn't work, he's at $9.5 million...

Unless he wants out, which he told me he did in a text. So there's that. :lol:

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

I would like to keep the two first round picks.

Likewise. I do think that Alvin may want to part with one or both if he can bring back a top 4 defenseman to pair with Hughes. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Two? I think Vancouver is down to one now, what with the other first rounder acquired in the Horvat trade going to Detroit in the Hronek trade. 

The proposal includes our 2023 1st plus our 2024 1st. 

At least Carlo and Frederick are youngish. No use in saying things like we need to buildup the system and have youth instead of giving away pics and prospects, that isn’t how JR manages. 
So go pics, go prospects time for a wild stab at the WC spot for a year or 2 before trading away all our pics catches up with us again, but luckily we will have more pics to trade away by then. 

Edited by DrJockitch

I'd keep the picks. 

Like the Rhonek trade, I think we could do better in a 1 for 1 trade with our first round pick this year.

I don't like Carlo alone for 11th overall, and to me at least Coyle and Frederic aren't worth a 1st. Not to mention all the other pieces going back.

I agree that Boston might be a good team to scout, I just don't know if we're getting enough value back to me to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [PROPOSAL] 2023/2024 1st round picks +++ to Boston Bruins
31 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This is a carryover from my thread.  Boston is shedding cap.  They're not about to blow it all up for a rebuild.

Trying to shed cap… hmmm lets see who has term left to help their sub 6mil cap situation With only 13 guys under contract and then Swayman whos an RFA.

oh I know lets move Ullmark and sign Swayman… well thats a lateral cap exchange when you need to go get a back up as well. Back to sub 6mil in cap space BUT Boston now has their starter and AHL or 39 year old back up.

okay so 8 guys to sign with under 6mil.

who do they move to clear space and maybe bring some decent picks/prospects back….

Pastrnak 8x11.5mil

Marchand 2x6.25mil

Hall 2x6.0mil

Coyle 3x5.25mil

DeBrusk 1x4.0mil

Zacha 4x4.75mil

McAvoy 7x9.5mil

Lindholm 7x6.5mil

Carlo 4x4.1mil

Ullmark 2x5.0mil

Okay so they could move Hall and then…. Coyle? Zacha? Move another centre after losing their top 2 Cs? That would be brilliant. So that takes Coyle and Zacha out of the equation.

Pastrnak 8x11.5mil

Marchand 2x6.25mil

Hall 2x6.0mil

Coyle 3x5.25mil

DeBrusk 1x4.0mil

Zacha 4x4.75mil

McAvoy 7x9.5mil

Lindholm 7x6.5mil

Carlo 4x4.1mil

Ullmark 2x5.0mil

Swayman RFA

Swayman or Ullmark? Either way its going to be probably around the same cap no matter what they do.

So this leaves

Pastrnak

Marchand

DeBrusk

McAvoy

Lindholm

Carlo

You want to build around Pastrnak and McAvoy? Okay then lets reduce your list of cap shedding casualties

Marchand

DeBrusk

Lindholm

Carlo

Say goodbye to some quality players, take a few BIG steps backwards, refuse the rebuild and enjoy being the leagues door mat for 10-15 years. No matter what, they are losing 2 50+point players right off the bat, plus another 2-3 35-50 point players…. Thats 4-5 of their top 8 forward scorers..

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Assuming we stay at 11...

To Boston:

2023 1st round pick

2024 1st round pick (top 10 protected)

Nils Hoglander

Jack Rathbone

Aidan McDonough

Anthony Beauvillier

Tyler Myers

To Vancouver:

Brandon Carlo

Charlie Coyle

Trent Frederic

Boston is about to blow it all up.  We need to take advantage of that.  In this deal, we get our 3C, our RHD partner for Hughes, and a tough SOB that can play up and down the lineup.  In effect, we fix all of our holes in one fell swoop.  We can compete for a cup as early as next season. 

In return, we give Boston 2 first round picks and 3 prospects for their rebuild.  Jack and Aidan go back home as well.  Myers and Beau will be off Boston's books in a year so they can rebuild even further with more cap space.  

Kuzmenko     Pettersson    Mikheyev

Frederic         Miller            Boeser

Podkolzin      Coyle            Kravtsov

Joshua          Aman            Hathaway

PDG

Hughes         Carlo

OEL              Hronek

Tyramkin       Bear

Hirose           Schenn

Demko     Silovs

Pearson (LTIR)

Poolman (LTIR) or waived and sent to Abby

Cap works.  Garland gets moved to Chicago in a separate deal.  We are now a cup contender for 2024!!!!!  Your welcome Jimmy...   :)

is anne hathaway good at hockey?

• Haha 4