The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Draft and Off Season Talk

Rate this topic

Odd.

13 minutes ago, combover said:

Yup, I’m out on my boat relaxing. (It was a beautiful day on the westcoast.)

Some  seem to  think I’m that I’m angry or even bitter when the reality is I’m just posting discussion forum. 
… going through life lololol.hilarious. 

a Sad way to go through life is  letting others control their mood with words. 

And or being happy about ten years of “moral” victories while actually winning nothing. 

Thing is though....if you JUST watch hockey for the end result you're shortchanging yourself. Sure, it's what we all want but some here seem to be in sheer misery. Do nothing but complain.

Just like relaxing on that boat...some of us relax by watching hockey/our team.  And we got some good games during that spell that you're complaining about. A win is having hockey back for some of us (me)....when it was gone it was brutal. You're constantly harping on the team and it is a sad way to go through life...letting something like a game that's for enjoyment control your mood. Which has been displayed as "big disappointment".

I've seen lots of good stuff over the past ten years...namely, watching Petey emerge. Quinn. Demko's performance. Miller (ok, some of us anyhow). It's not as bleak as some here make it out to be. We're not a bust of a team and you shouldn't expect them to act like it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

I’m thinking in another 7 years Bettman should be gone and the rule repealed.

Yeah maybe.... I think, he is doing, what he was hired to do.... 

#rottentothecore

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Though I do agree, Majsr also stepped into a Stanley Cup calibre team.......Petey did not.

He stepped into a bubble team and played a huge part to make it into a Stanley Cup calibre team.  The season before he played they were 8th in the west and 17th in the league. The following season, his first year, they were 2nd in the west and 3rd in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

McTavish and Fantilli could end up being one of the top C combos in the league. Especially if Fantilli proves that he is franchise level. McTavish is a complete gamer. 

I wasn't overly impressed with Anaheim and it takes a lot more than talent. 

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Yup, I’m out on my boat relaxing. (It was a beautiful day on the westcoast.)

Some  seem to  think I’m that I’m angry or even bitter when the reality is I’m just posting discussion forum. 
… going through life lololol.hilarious. 

a Sad way to go through life is  letting others control their mood with words. 

And or being happy about ten years of “moral” victories while actually winning nothing. 

You don’t control my mood at all, I’m amused myself that someone gets so triggered to post the mindless crap you post ad nauseam. 

I also understand what I want has no bearing on what actually happens with how my team is run. 

Something you really, really struggle with and project about endlessly. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He stepped into a bubble team and played a huge part to make it into a Stanley Cup calibre team.  The season before he played they were 8th in the west and 17th in the league. The following season, his first year, they were 2nd in the west and 3rd in the league. 

They were much better than a bubble team.......they hit a roadblock for a year or two.  

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

McTavish and Fantilli could end up being one of the top C combos in the league. Especially if Fantilli proves that he is franchise level. McTavish is a complete gamer. 

As much as Ducks fans are hurting I think they'll be pleasantly surprised by Fantilli 

Bedard could still grow, and 5'10 ain't all that short, but Fantilli already being 6'0" and almost 200 pounds bodes well for Fantilli transitioning as a center 

We'll see if Bedard can, he may end up as an uber talented winger 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, stawns said:

I wasn't overly impressed with Anaheim and it takes a lot more than talent. 

They’ve accumulated a lot. I probably see buffalo be the next team to take the next step since they are further along already but Fantilli makes things smoother for Anaheim. They’ll probably be next team after buffalo. They better off than most rebuilding teams. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Uh, I'd say having a #1 pick who was starting to peak helped his case. 

I don't know that we should overlook that part.

Just now, -DLC- said:

Uh, I'd say having a #1 pick who was starting to peak helped his case. 

I don't know that we should overlook that part.

Mackinnon peaked two years prior in 2017-18 and they still struggled despite his play. Makar joined the team in 2019-20 when they became true contenders.