The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NO REBUILD GO FOR IT

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

15 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Lol what are you hearing?

Stephane Leroux said he doesn't believe Montreal scouts wouldn't touch him at 5. Which is actually surprising for him to even be available at 5 given Michkov's talent. Leroux was the guy that said Montreal was gonna take Slavkov over Wright as well, and lots of people said he was dumb for that take. So he isn't nobody. But he talked with Montreal's scouts about what they're after and thinks they'd pass on Michkov at 5. Again, just from a pure talent standpoint I don't care what your organizational need is, Michkov at 5 is a steal. So if they'd pass on him at 5, makes you wonder what it is they see about him that has them thinking of passing on him at 5.

Obviously Montreal isn't the end all be all for scouting. The decision to go Slavkovsky over Wright is still in the air. But the idea of passing on Michkov at 5 seems mind boggling. Now the original idea was taking Michkov at 11. If he falls that far, you can't tell me there isn't the possibility of glaring issues. Michkov in any other draft that doesn't have a generational talent is far and away the number 1 guy. In what world would you look at him at 5 or especially 11 and not wonder why he is available there.

But I will admit, this is me over thinking things. For all I know it's purely a Russian thing that has people worried. Cause if Michkov was available and I was picking 2-4 I am 100% taking him.

• Cheers 1