The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grumpy Old Canuck Fans

Rate this topic

Snake Doctor

The signed Canuck puck by Mark Messier through NHL.com last week just drove me over the edge. 

We wait, and wait. 

Nothing has changed.

Next season will be what it be.

Rewind, 

Start Over,

Canucks Fans are in perpetual ground hog day.

Cheers

On 5/23/2023 at 5:33 AM, bishopshodan said:

We might never win the cup.

Maybe that is our destiny. 

Will we be the team that never in it's existence wins the grail?

Ever. 

Seems that way. This team honestly feels cursed sometimes.

• Cheers 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:08 PM, Snake Doctor said:

The signed Canuck puck by Mark Messier through NHL.com last week just drove me over the edge. 

We wait, and wait. 

Nothing has changed.

Next season will be what it be.

Rewind, 

Start Over,

Canucks Fans are in perpetual ground hog day.

Cheers

Well buckle up cause we ain't getting out of this for another decade if we are lucky.

That OEL trade literally killed off the Petey/Hughes core. 

2 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well buckle up cause we ain't getting out of this for another decade if we are lucky.

That OEL trade literally killed off the Petey/Hughes core. 

I've lived through some dumb trades and draft picks, being a Canucks fan since 92.  And I've always thought....meh, next time. But as the months turned into years, and years into decades, and I begin to turn into what I'm sure some would call an "old Canucks fan" by now, I am also becoming a grumpy old Canucks fan.  The lost Benning decade, actually more like a decade and a half by the time the new management cleans up his mess, makes me extra grumpy because I'm not getting any younger.  And I want to be alive to see the parade on Robson.

297.png

• Sad 1

Maybe Monty Python's Holy Grail flick symbolically represented our course? When they were gettin close to their goal, didn't the Cops arrive & bust things up?! lol

Does any person seriously think this league is run equally & honestly for all 32 entities?

Why be utterly absorbed with only the end goal, at expense of every waking moment beforehand? Personally decided a long ways back, to try & enjoy the journey..even through the treacherous minefields(some of them likely laid by Bettman lackeys!). A sense of humour is recommended..alongside 15-30 other hobbies!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I find the younger fans are more grumpy

I mean aside from the bubble run of 2020. There haven’t been many “hurrah” moments in the last 10 years for fans to clamour onto. Young fans might be too young or new to remember the 2007-2013 days which were the teams best years (2008 we missed the playoffs but the rest were solid) which it feels like forever that we’ve had consistent success.