The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reclamation Trade Targets - Dvorak or Johansen

Hi All,

i really think that Christian Dvorak or Ryan Johansen will be realistic trade targets for the Canucks.

Christian Dvorak (down season in Montreal but, check out this article with what Rick Tocchet has to say about him). our 3C? trade Garland or Boeser for him ... cap swap and fresh start for all.

https://theathletic.com/2819009/2021/09/13/what-the-canadiens-should-expect-from-christian-dvorak-breaking-down-his-game-with-former-coach-rich-tocchet/

Ryan Johansen (down season in Nashville and overpaid). But, check out Barry Trotz's comments. pretty much Johansen better have a great summer or he will be playing less minutes. How about a Boeser + fringe prospect for Johansen swap with NSH retaining 1.35 million in cap? Cap stays the same for both teams but, the Canucks get another C, PK option, PP option, and one of the best faceoff guys in the league. Nashville rolls the dice on a potential 30+ goal scorer.

https://theathletic.com/2819009/2021/09/13/what-the-canadiens-should-expect-from-christian-dvorak-breaking-down-his-game-with-former-coach-rich-tocchet/

personally, all the players i mentioned above have terrible contracts for what they currently offer but, it wouldn't cost us assets, we wouldn't add term, and we would just be shifting cap from position to position.... overall i see us being a better fit.

11 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Hi All,

i really think that Christian Dvorak or Ryan Johansen will be realistic trade targets for the Canucks.

Christian Dvorak (down season in Montreal but, check out this article with what Rick Tocchet has to say about him). our 3C? trade Garland or Boeser for him ... cap swap and fresh start for all.

Ryan Johansen (down season in Nashville and overpaid). But, check out Barry Trotz's comments. pretty much Johansen better have a great summer or he will be playing less minutes. How about a Boeser + fringe prospect for Johansen swap with NSH retaining 1.35 million in cap? Cap stays the same for both teams but, the Canucks get another C, PK option, PP option, and one of the best faceoff guys in the league. Nashville rolls the dice on a potential 30+ goal scorer.

personally, all the players i mentioned above have terrible contracts for what they currently offer but, it wouldn't cost us assets, we wouldn't add term, and we would just be shifting cap from position to position.... overall i see us being a better fit.

I am okay with either of these thoughts :) we need C depth and its a but of a sideways move value wise

I doubt Montreal has any interest in trading a centre for a winger and taking on extra cap or term doing it.  Also. I don’t see Boeser or Garlabd as fits for their roster. . They play a speed game and Boeser can’t keep up.  Garland is a better fit in that regard but another small winger isn’t really what they need when they already have Caufield, Gallagher, Harvey-Pinard and Farrell coming in at 5’9” or smaller 

Edited by qwijibo

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Johansen and Jack Matier and 2nd for OEL, and Hoglander would work. ;)

ahahahaha they will laugh at the canucks if they even try to offer that, NONE want OEL and his BS contract, we would have to give alot to get rid of that contract LOL

• There it is 1

I’d love Johansen. If we can work the cap to accommodate Johansen, I’m 100% all for it.

Miller and Johansen together would be one heavy ass line.

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd do the Boeser for Johansen trade assuming NASH retains to even up the cap.  Could be a really nice 3C option.

Not sure if NASH would do it though.  Who do they have down the middle?

Agree the RyJo retained for Boeser trade would be a good fit for VAN.

NSH have Novak, Glass, Sissons, Parssinen down the middle plus Duchene as cover.

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

What’s in it for Nashville? Do you think they’d be substantially happier paying Boeser $8m a year than Johansen? 

Yeah, doesn’t make much sense for a team already thin at center.

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

What’s in it for Nashville? Do you think they’d be substantially happier paying Boeser $8m a year than Johansen? 

Boeser actually makes less than Johansen btw so they’d be saving around $1.3 million pending any potential retention.  

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Right. But you said Boeser makes $8 million which he doesn’t. It’s $6.65M until 2024-25.

The equivalent of paying him $8m then. $6.65 + the $1.35m the op suggested Nashville retain in the original proposal.  That’s $8m to have Boeser rather than Johansen 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

Right. But you said Boeser makes $8 million which he doesn’t. It’s $6.65M until 2024-25.

Yup. That’s a very fair deal. Don’t know if RJ is a guy we need, but the trade is fair. 
or do we take the Dvorak cap dump from the Habs? Boeser for Dvorak? Habs add a second? 

Edited by Alflives

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Johansson.  Would love for him to come here. 

Still only 30 years old and can make an impact.  Would give us an immediate 3c that can fill in on 2c if needed. 

Don't like Dvorak.

Lol sounds like you're talking about two different players here (Marcus Johansson with the Wild is 32, Ryan Johansen is 30 with the Preds).

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Quality :lol:

Yeah not great, but they are retooling to get younger.

Bearing in mind that Glass (35 pts, age 24), Novak (43 pts, age 26) and Sissons (30 pts, age 29) all out scored Johansen (28 pts, age 30) playing center, then trading RyJo for Boeser (55 pts, age 26) makes sense for NSH. Boeser is 4 years younger than RyJo and provides way more offensive upside.

Their forward lineup becomes:

Forsberg Novak Boeser

Duchene Glass Evangelista

Trenin Sissons Tomasino

Asplund McCarron Sherwood

(Smith)

Edited by BigTramFan