The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No, no, nah. You got it all wrong. Bottom 3 is actually good. The fun is tricking yourself into believing Rathbone is secretly Bobby Orr. One of the best kept secrets in the NHL really. Hmmm, I wonder if Karlsson is ready to take over 2C this year. :P

pretty sure rathbone is more on par with mcavoy and karlsson will only be an elite 3c this year. i’m just not sure if they’re enough to get us through the conference finals.

• Haha 3

On 6/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, spook007 said:

2years?

if Woo, d-petey, johanson, etc shouldn't be able in 2 years, they should be shipped out. 
And Mabe even McWard... we are not talking about anything but support players here. We likely have our 2 puck moving dmen already. 

If we could aign Tanman to a cheapish 2-3 year, we'd only need 1 big clubber to play with Hronek, surely there will be a couple of players able to play bottom pairing Hirose -?

I'm in team draft D... and there are a few that looks ready in a couple of years amongst them. Simashev, Rainbacher, Wilander...

Need more than 2 puck moving dmen.   

And If we can sign graves somehow thatd be amazing.  

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Need more than 2 puck moving dmen.   

And If we can sign graves somehow thatd be amazing.  

Would be happy with 2 quality puck moving Dmen provided we got some proper defensive Dmen (preferably with size). 
The bottom pairing could be made up of whay we have already, unless Myers is traded. 

Expect/Hope D-Petey will be reasy in 2 years. And hopefully Woo will be ready in the next year. But we need players for QH and Hronek. 
Tanev or Schenn could probably cover Quinn for a couple of years, although I hope for an upgrade to play with him. 
Same goes for the left side w Hronek. 

In the end its a numbers game, and I fear Graves will prove too expensive. 

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Sounds eerily familiar in CGY…

To be fair, they kind of have to pull out all the stops to try and re-sign Lindholm or they're headed for a forced rebuild. They're not getting a 1C as a return in a trade for Lindholm and there are no players on the team or in the system close to filling the 1C role. Plus if they go into a forced rebuild it could get ugly with Huberdeau and Kadri as anchor contracts.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

To be fair, they kind of have to pull out all the stops to try and re-sign Lindholm or they're headed for a forced rebuild. They're not getting a 1C as a return in a trade for Lindholm and there are no players on the team or in the system close to filling the 1C role. Plus if they go into a forced rebuild it could get ugly with Huberdeau and Kadri as anchor contracts.

Totally agree, just familiar territory for them. Reality though is this is what you get with coaches like Sutter or Torts. Their style is confining and polarizing. 
if I was a Lames fan I would be despondent over the entire scale of the (for lack of a better word) meltdown.

It’s a colossal amount of carnage in only two years time. 
Scary thing is that it seems to only be endemic in Canadian markets. That worries me. 
Gravy Batman needs to address this asap in terms of parity for CDN dollar/legislation and any other transitions in the foreseeable future. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly Huberdeau is in play, but who the f**k would trade for him and his bloated contract?

Yeah that contract is gnarly. It’s sad to see the way the league is becoming. Way too many players are basically immovable due to their contracts or cap constraints. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Yeah that contract is gnarly. It’s sad to see the way the league is becoming. Way too many players are basically immovable due to their contracts or cap constraints. 

That's why they should allow a free buyout once every 5 years to teams.