The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Then trade Conor Garland, Antony Beaulliver(sp), and Jack Rathbone to St. Louis for Colton Parayko and Brayden Schenn.

Hughes Parayko

Hanifin Hronek

Woo Schenn

Myers

If they retain some on Parayko or take salary back, he is an interesting idea.  If we are decided to go all-in, buying low on a guy with that pedigree could work out, especially if you ask less of him.  With Hughes as a partner and a solid minute munching second pairing, Parayko drops to 20 minutes a night max… and doesn’t have to carry the whole load.

Of course, I think we should be trading Miller for PLD and getting younger… but if the management wants to make a big push over the next year or two, then a move like this makes sense.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Zadorov isn’t a low IQ player.  He’s one of the best defensive defenseman in the game and easily would be in our top 4.

Lol no.

He runs around trying to be physical and regularly gets caught out of position or danced.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tanev ship has sailed let’s not go with a retread 

Assuming he hits UFA next summer, would you consider signing him, and if so, at what price/term? He could replace Myers assuming the price is right.

Edited by dougieL

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

I just don't see us making a trade with the flames unless it is something big where we get a center and d.

One of our 3rd rounders for Tanev. Bring home Hughes’ partner. 
Benning :picard:

Edited by Alflives

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'd give them Garland and Rathbone to bring Toffoli back...

Garland is locked in for another 3 seasons, so he can't hold them hostage saying "I won't resign here... " ;)

I think Allvin mentioned in his presser a few days ago that he wants to beat teams with speed. If that's the case, Toffoli likely doesn't fit the mold. I've never been a big fan of Toffoli due to his lack of footspeed, even though he did put up the points when he was here (and whenever he played against us).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Yes bring up players that can get a bridge deal in the worst part of the OEL buyout so the team can still move forward.

Yup. We no longer have Tweedle D and Tweedle Dumb in management. We have competent people again. They will make smart moves based on an actual plan.

Benning :picard:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Looks fine to me...

Could contain: Helmet, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text, Face, People, Hardhat, Accessories

A bit old school for today's game but his defensive ability has never been questioned.

Yup, and his skating is considered elite, which is impressive at 6’6 245lbs. 

I remember thinking how incredibly agile and athletic he was back in 2013 with the London Knights. Used to think he was a 6’6 Duncan Keith. Carved out more of a defensive career than an offensive one as his puck moving skills hadn’t translated to the NHL as well, but he’s truly one of the best at what he does.

Edited by Odd.

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yup, and his skating is considered elite, which is impressive at 6’6 245lbs. 

I remember thinking how incredibly agile and athletic he was back in 2013 with the London Knights. Used to think he was a 6’6 Duncan Keith. Carved out more of a defensive career than an offensive one as his puck moving skills hadn’t translated to the NHL as well, but he’s truly one of the best at what he does.

If that were actually true why would Calgary trade him? 

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If that were actually true why would Calgary trade him? 

Who says they would? When Hanifin is gone they’ll extend him.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

If they retain some on Parayko or take salary back, he is an interesting idea.  If we are decided to go all-in, buying low on a guy with that pedigree could work out, especially if you ask less of him.  With Hughes as a partner and a solid minute munching second pairing, Parayko drops to 20 minutes a night max… and doesn’t have to carry the whole load.

Of course, I think we should be trading Miller for PLD and getting younger… but if the management wants to make a big push over the next year or two, then a move like this makes sense.

Adds size, skill and experience to the defense immediately. Add Schenn or Mayfield as well, and the defense is bigger, stouter, and better.