The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

16 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Shane doan also lived in Arizona which is one of the most desirable places to live in the USA. You’re kind of proving his point with your comment. Not only that, but you sound entitled and seem to be viewing people as possessions of their organization.  You’re essentially saying the higher ups/managers can be as incompetent as possible but the players should just “suck it up” because they signed a contract and they belong to the team now. 

Your putting words in my mouth. Here’s an example of a player which coach and gm feel he’s not ready. There was also a dispute about which position the player wanted. This one example was controversial people sided with the player, and people were also siding with cooper and yserman. They felt he wasn’t ready therefor not living up to the contract. So who was the dick here. I say both partys. They played hard ball but the player was equally seeing himself as something he wasn’t. And yes they played it out as if he was a possession. 

14 hours ago, Trebreh said:

how long till these guys ask for a trade? don't think I forgot about this flames twitter.. 

Goodfellas GIF

I wonder if either Tanev or Markstrom regret signing there and/or if Calgary regrets signing either of them.

• There it is 1

poor, loyal chris tanev, he'll never ask his way out. craig conroy is a class act, hopefully he sees the writing on the wall and sends tanman to a contender against his will (or back home where he belongs).

my money is on him wearing the c there, though, and being the character and culture that they try to rebuild a group around. 

Edited by tas

6 hours ago, RWJC said:

He doesn’t have to prove anything. He was bought out because his previous salary wasnt commensurate with his output, but his current output when healthy is within the range of a 3.5 mill Dman, provided he’s tasked with less TOI than he was here.

People making him out to be such dead weight are reaching. He’s still a very sound positioning 2 way Dman with decent speed and a good eye and shot on the PP. The question is can he continue to tolerate wear and tear. I’d add him at 3 - 3.5 simply to hedge a bet that he’s also an LTIR candidate which could prove very beneficial if required to parlay into legal cap circumvention. 

I don't think you understand how LTIR works. Unless JB gets hired somewhere, I can't see OEL getting close to $3.5m this season.

Abandon ship!! 

They can thank Sutter and his dinosaur mentality and antics.

He scared off their two best players and now it seems all the players agreed to get the F out of “cow town” (lol ) the first chance they got. 

What’s with Alberta and the terrible slogans oil country, cow town shocking people want to leave. 

• Wat 1
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, .Naslund said:

Shane doan also lived in Arizona which is one of the most desirable places to live in the USA. You’re kind of proving his point with your comment. Not only that, but you sound entitled and seem to be viewing people as possessions of their organization.  You’re essentially saying the higher ups/managers can be as incompetent as possible but the players should just “suck it up” because they signed a contract and they belong to the team now. 

Wut? I wouldn't live in Arizona. Never understood peoples desire to live in a desert. I'd pay more taxes and live in Washington State, Oregon or Hawaii. But I can't afford Hawaii.

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wut? I wouldn't live in Arizona. Never understood peoples desire to live in a desert. I'd pay more taxes and live in Washington State, Oregon or Hawaii. But I can't afford Hawaii.

A lot of hockey players like to golf.  Not many better places to do that then Arizona.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, .Naslund said:

So each aforementioned Flame is headed into the last year of their contracts, which they are going to fulfill. What’s your point? If I want to quit my job I’m supposed to give two weeks notice. These guys are giving about a year’s notice that they won’t resign at the end of their current contracts. 

They don’t face similar things as us because they’re some of the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT THEY DO.  They’ve earned the right to control their destinies. There’s ways to do it though. Giving the team a large heads up in advance is professional. Doing it the PLD way is a bit different 

Giving the team a large heads up in advance is professional? Like Gaudreau? 

Players wanting out of Calgary are all represented by the same agency. Maybe it has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with a rift between the flames organization and the agency? Doesn't make sense but there's more to this then players just wanting out despite Sutter leaving. Dont think this has ever happened. This will be 6/7 players that are refusing to sign with their current team. 

59 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Giving the team a large heads up in advance is professional? Like Gaudreau? 

Gaudreau told them one day before free agency. Lindholm, Hanifin and Backlund all expire in 2024 so nothing like Gaudreau

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Gaudreau told them one day before free agency. Lindholm, Hanifin and Backlund all expire in 2024 so nothing like Gaudreau

Fair enough. But they're still forcing the issue with trading them to get something back, you would think, kind of like the turtle. 

28 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Fair enough. But they're still forcing the issue with trading them to get something back, you would think, kind of like the turtle. 

Conroy asked them to tell him.  In his opening presser he was talking about how they don't want another Gaudreau situation where they let a high profile player go into the season without an extension and then lose him for nothing.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, mll said:

Conroy asked them to tell him.  In his opening presser he was talking about how they don't want another Gaudreau situation where they let a high profile player go into the season without an extension and then lose him for nothing.  

Yeah, Conroy is doing what every online fan would do in a video game setting. Ask the players ahead of time. 

One aspect of doing this though is that he's pressuring them ahead of time to make a decision.  

If Calgary has a good year, I think a lot of them would want to be back, but forcing them to make a decision coming off a bad year will naturally have a negative skew to it. 

In any case, damn if you do, damn if you don't for Conroy... He's stuck in a tough position trying to resolve 7 pending UFAs who only have one year remaining on their deals. 

Canucks are sitting in a pretty comfortable spot by comparison. We will have to make a decision on Beauvillier at some point in the next year. 

14 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I would definitely be keeping a close eye on the Tanev situation. Nobody has played as well with Quinn than Chris. 

Yeah, but that’s sort of by default. Tanev is really the only quality top-4 D-man that Hughes has ever played a regular shift with.

Love Tan-man, but he has a lengthy injury history and turns 34 in December. If the price was reasonable, sure. But if it’s going to cost assets to acquire him, I’d rather target someone who would provide more long-term value.

• Cheers 2