The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bear, Juulsen, Burroughs talks “very quiet”, could be UFA’s

Odd.

On 6/26/2023 at 3:14 PM, Canuck You said:

I really don't get the hype on Bear, I'd give that money to Luke.

Bear is a far superior player to Luke. I love Luke but he bled chances last year and at this stage is more of a bottom pairing. Bear was very solid - he makes his linemates better and place a smart well rounded game. His defensive metrics were above average and he formed the #1 and #3 (with OEL) most effective pairing. He has decent defensive  positioning and passes the puck well

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Hughes-Juulsen

Soucy-Hronek

Cole-Myers

I guess this is what they're gonna run with. 

Yup, totes. That's exactly what we'll have in September. Mamagement is taking the rest of the summer off.

*But but but Bear was in the Canucks ending letter. He was in future plans!!!*

Satire aside, probably not going to see a team make a contract offer until he’s healthy again. Teams won’t be wasting cap space for a player who is a 4-5-6 guy at best who’s going to miss half of the season. 

Could contain: Advertisement, Text, Book, Publication, Letter, Poster

Edited by EP Phone Home

7 hours ago, -Moose said:

The offered Burroughs a contract 10 days ago and he hasn't accepted. Not much else they can do

Wonder how far apart they are? Have to imagine if Burroughs doesn’t see significantly better terms from other teams, he might circle back and take whatever was on offer from his hometown Canucks (assuming that contract remains on the table).