The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ian Cole

Took a look into the numbers last year and Cole was probably the best PK D for Tampa last year and was a 3/4 on a pretty good team. He's a lot better than I realized.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Still haven’t addressed a partner for Hughes.

I hope they’re looking at that first. Something involving Garland for Tanev would be a good short term solution.

Orlov to The 'Canes sure brings up questions about Pece's future there. This management group are quite stealth and a bit sneaky in their endeavours. Seems highly unlikely but that would be a huge exclamation mark for this group following through in its stated intentions.

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Orlov to The 'Canes sure brings up questions about Pece's future there. This management group are quite stealth and a bit sneaky in their endeavours. Seems highly unlikely but that would be a huge exclamation mark for this group following through in its stated intentions.

Myers to SJS, Pesce to Van....:wub:

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

This team needed a shake up badly on defence and knowing there will be something different next year to watch is giving me excitement. 

I do not think they are done yet either, the rest will be trades to bolster our 3rd/4th line 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BertaNuck said:

This team needed a shake up badly on defence and knowing there will be something different next year to watch is giving me excitement. 

I do not think they are done yet either, the rest will be trades to bolster our 3rd/4th line 

PK and our top 4D has a new look. Only one player (on the right side of 30) given a medium term deal.

No big names or retirement contracts.

Pretty judicious use of the buyout cap space

Edited by Kenny Powers

18 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

PK and our top 4D has a new look. Only one player (on the right side of 30) given a medium term deal.

No big names or retirement contracts.

Pretty judicious use of the buyout cap space

I’m excited to see what the new staff can do on the PK with this group. And also a full camp to build systems (plus their off-season planning and meetings).

Would be amazing if one of this team’s Achilles heels could suddenly become something of a strength.

I definitely think the new additions will help. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m excited to see what the new staff can do on the PK with this group. And also a full camp to build systems (plus their off-season planning and meetings).

Would be amazing if one of this team’s Achilles heels could suddenly become something of a strength.

I definitely think the new additions will help. 

Good points and likewise.

I can't watch his media thing til later, but someone give me an idea of how many times he was asked about being on like 8 different teams. I need to know if I should just avoid watching it. Our media brutalized Pearson over his injury during the year end presser and that was tough to watch without losing my sh*t.

5 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Hockey-wise, a 3x1 for Cole is about as good as I could have imagined a veteran FA signing for us.  

Assuming he maintains his play he’s bringing size, physicality and cup winning experience. 

Such a switch from what was here. No offense but there was a clear lack of push back. There was always a clear path to our net.

• Cheers 1