The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Opening Night Lineup?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

2 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I have not figured out who may / may not be here on Opening night yet but did have a question - if the Canucks are not cap compliant on opening night - what happens - do they have to sit out a player based on certain value or are they fined etc...Thanks

Technically they can go with 21 players if they have to, especially since their farm team is in Abbotsford.  They're cap compliant currently, unless Pearson returns healthy.

My starting lineup:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Suter - Podkolzin

PDG - Blueger - Hoglander

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

Wolanin - Myers

Demko

Martin

If Pearson Healthy:

Kuz - Petey - Mik

Garly - Millsy - Boes

Pearson - Suter - Podz

Joshua - Blueger - Hogs

On 7/1/2023 at 5:48 PM, NUCKER67 said:

While we're assuming...I'll assume VAN trades Pearson for McDavid.

That's just crazy! Wtf? McD and their first!! More like it!! And no not a conditional either! :P

3 hours ago, Viper007 said:

My starting lineup:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Suter - Podkolzin

PDG - Blueger - Hoglander

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

Wolanin - Myers

Demko

Martin

If Pearson Healthy:

Kuz - Petey - Mik

Garly - Millsy - Boes

Pearson - Suter - Podz

Joshua - Blueger - Hogs

I'll be in cringe mode if I still see Boeser and Garland on the roster, maybe Boes goes beast mode and his stock rises and we move him, Garland? Well he is remembered for his last game hatty and pours it on, and the same thing, moved out. 

That would help a LOT!!

7 minutes ago, icycold said:

I'll be in cringe mode if I still see Boeser and Garland on the roster, maybe Boes goes beast mode and his stock rises and we move him, Garland? Well he is remembered for his last game hatty and pours it on, and the same thing, moved out. 

That would help a LOT!!

Oh dang, forgot about Beauvilier .... man this makes it tough.

This is not what i'd pick, but the sort of line-up i expect, over-emphasis on size/mixed lines and kuz stays unloved. 

joshua - Pettersson - Mikheyev

boeser - Miller - PDG

beau- blueger- suter

kuzmenko- studnicka - podz

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

irwin- myers

---

Defintely would prefer kuz-pettey-mik. Love to see johansson make the blueline somehow and klimovich to start the season up.

On 8/15/2023 at 6:51 AM, OldFaithfulCap said:

This is not what i'd pick, but the sort of line-up i expect, over-emphasis on size/mixed lines and kuz stays unloved. 

boeser - Miller - PDG

beau- blueger- suter

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

irwin- myers

---

Defintely would prefer kuz-pettey-mik. Love to see johansson make the blueline somehow and klimovich to start the season up.

Where's Garland ?

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Kuzmenko - Petey - Boeser 

Beau - Miller - Mikeyhev

Joshua - Suter - Garland

PDG - Blueger - Podz

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

Wolanin - Myers

Demko 

Silovs

Drop Cole to 3 move Hronek and Myers up. Myers can handle second pairing minutes. 

On 8/13/2023 at 9:49 PM, wai_lai416 said:

i'm ok with this but i still rather mik with pettersson.. beau had a hot start.. and then he was back to his islander pace in march and april. 3 goals in 22 games.. and doesnt' look that good at all. i rather load up the top line with guys that have known to work well.. because the 2nd line is a question mark for me.. garland in my opinion needs to go he works hard and what not.. but his stats against the good team and his production against them is horrendous

Yeah man Mikheyev and Petey with Kuzmenko was an awesome line, a good mix! 100% want them back together till it doesn't work. 

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah man Mikheyev and Petey with Kuzmenko was an awesome line, a good mix! 100% want them back together till it doesn't work. 

yes i think it's important to start the season with whats work so we don't get off to a slow start again. they can start tinkering if it's not working or they have a comfortable lead

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/15/2023 at 6:51 AM, OldFaithfulCap said:

boeser - Miller - PDG

beau- blueger- suter

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

irwin- myers

---

I was pretty excited when we got Stud... He's got size, RH shot, good speed... But he'll have to be lights out or at least really noticeable showing some grit to earn a spot with us!

• Wat 1

On 8/13/2023 at 7:38 PM, DeNiro said:

It’s all about pairings. We can’t load up too much on one line which is why I think we’ll see:

Kuzmenko Pettersson Beauvillier

Garland Miller Boeser

Podkolzin Suter Mikheyev

Joshua Blueger Hoglander 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Soucy

Brisebois Myers

I like this lineup but I would switch Mikheyev and Garland.

Also I wonder if they send Hoglander down and put either Aman or more likely PDG in that spot. Cant see Tocc losing his favourite player in PDG.

Only other thing I could see is Hronek on second pair with Soucy. Otherwise Hughes-Hronek will be playing 30 minutes because those other pairs worry me.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:51 AM, OldFaithfulCap said:

boeser - Miller - PDG

beau- blueger- suter

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

irwin- myers

---

I just can't see a lineup like that. Joshua is not playing with Petey and Kuz will not be on the fourth line. Also no Studnicka :sick: .... this is a doomsday scenario lineup. Aman and Pearson will be contending for spots.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:31 PM, OldFaithfulCap said:

Gone or scratched

sherlock gnomes jump GIF by Paramount Movies

One can only hope.

Edited by Gawdzukes

13 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

I was pretty excited when we got Stud... He's got size, RH shot, good speed... But he'll have to be lights out or at least really noticeable showing some grit to earn a spot with us!

Studnicka sucks. Most boring vanilla player I've seen in awhile. Agree with @Rick_theRyper we need to get off to a good start.

Kuz Petey Mik

PDG/Beauvillier Miller Boeser

Pearson Blueger/Suter Garland

Joshua/Beauvillier Suter/Blueger Hogs

Aman

Man it's hard to set a lineup with our mishmash of weak winger pieces. I really think Beau or more preferably Garland is traded. Netter yet trade them both for a legit third liner. We could really benefit if Hogs could bring that intense forecheck along with some goal scoring on the second line. Tocchet sure has his work cut out for him.

Kuz Petey Mik

Hogs Miller Boeser

Pearson Suter Garland

Beauvillier Blueger Joshua

Aman

Edited by Gawdzukes

Kuz Petey Mik

Garland/Beau Miller Boeser

Garland/Beau Suter Podz

Hogs Blueger Joshua

Studnika, PDG & Aman as backups. 

If Pearson comes back, where he slots depends on how effective he appears to be after a 2 year hiatus. He may well replace eithr Hogs or Podz if either don't show up well at camp.

For D, it's going to be a square peg in a circular hole scenario until a change is made. Fact is, we just don't have an idea RD to play with Hughes. So with the current lineup, it really probably depends on who gels with him best. Could be Soucy, could be Cole, could be Hronek. I also feel that for 3LD, our best option may be Hirose if he continues his development. So my D lineup looks like:

Hughes Cole/Soucy/Hronek

Cole/Soucy Hronek/Myers
Hirose Myers 
Irwin

Edited by kloubek

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I just can't see a lineup like that. Joshua is not playing with Petey and Kuz will not be on the fourth line. Also no Studnicka :sick: .... this is a doomsday scenario lineup. Aman and Pearson will be contending for spots.

One can only hope.

Having Garland scratched would be a disaster. Thats Eriksson all over again. 

The best case scenario is that he has a great season and we can get something for him.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Having Garland scratched would be a disaster. Thats Eriksson all over again. 

The best case scenario is that he has a great season and we can get something for him.

Yeah that would be great. Getting something for him I mean. My agreement was him getting traded, not necessarily being benched but honestly I wouldn't care less.. Lots of folks like him but I'm not a fan. He's never a staple on any line and no coach seems to know what do do with him. I don't like him in the top 6, and I like him even less on the third line so maybe we can play him on the fourth line ... I think he ended up there last year and actually added some value there. I would really love for us to spend his and Beau's $ on a legit top 6 forward.