The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Anthem Singer Call

Rate this topic

Barnstorm

11 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I enjoyed the job he did as well. Everyone I watched games with felt that way too.

It's a shame seeing the amount of hate he gets, sadly much of it politically driven. It's hard for me to think of an anthem singer I don't like. Most just aren't memorable. 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Its a no brainer imo. She should have been given the job.

Obviously, the Canucks are trying to manufacture a gimmick like America's got talent.

Marie, is that you?

Tbh, everyone since Richard Loney has stunk.

The team needs a tenor that can send shivers through the crowd like Cornelison. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:33 AM, EddieVedder said:

Marie, is that you?

Richard Loney wouldnt even be considered to be the anthem singer for the Canucks in this day and age.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:33 AM, EddieVedder said:

Marie, is that you?

When Richard Loney sang, especially with the organist playing, he was one of the very few bright spots during the losing 80's:

On 8/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, Honky Cat said:

Richard Loney wouldnt even be considered to be the anthem singer for the Canucks in this day and age.

And why is that?? Richard Loney was the Jim Robson of national anthem singing. When he sang, it was Hockey Night In Vancouver.

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Marie.

Marie Hui sounds like she's singing in the shower. She's appropriate for singing at Whitecaps or baseball Canadians games or even at Grizzlies games if we still had the NBA. She's not NHL calibre. Calgary's Susan Smith was 100 x better.

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

When Richard Loney sang, especially with the organist playing, he was one of the very few bright spots during the losing 80's:

And why is that?? Richard Loney was the Jim Robson of national anthem singing. When he sang, it was Hockey Night In Vancouver.

Marie Hui sounds like she's singing in the shower. She's appropriate for singing at Whitecaps or baseball Canadians games or even at Grizzlies games if we still had the NBA. She's not NHL calibre. Calgary's Susan Smith was 100 x better.

I have nothing against Richard Loney, he did a fantastic job. In 2023 however, thats not what people want to see/ hear. It was good back then. but most of the singers back then were fairly nondescript, singing note perfect renditions.

Marie Hui is not worthy to sing the anthems at NHL games ? You're talking out of your posterior..

What about Calgary's George Canyon and his cringe worthy hillbilly versions of Oh Canada ? Is that NHL worthy enough for you ?

• RoughGame 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Thanks.  Ppl here are clueless.   Richard loney was everything an anthem singer should be.  I was just a kid but i felt so proud of being canadian when he sang.  

Everyone since has been brutal in comparison. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Thanks.  Ppl here are clueless.   Richard loney was everything an anthem singer should be.  I was just a kid but i felt so proud of being canadian when he sang.  

Everyone since has been brutal in comparison. 

Richard Loney was great but Marie, Elizabeth and even Mark Donnelly have not been brutal in comparison... 

• Thanks 1