The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

5 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

well ive heard of copying entire forums and then transferring that to another one....anyone know of any good forums to join? as mentioned by so many others its been a great forum to get info on all things canucks...trolls aside ofc. 

3 minutes ago, Apricot said:

WHAT??? Nooo why, this is my safe place during the hockey season. I’m so sad :(

Guys just look up

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Been here since the mid 2000's, I used to go to Canucks.com and scroll down to read the recent topics. I did this and lurked for a couple years before actually joining, it's been a long time. 

I'll be sad to see this place go, I don't know any of you personally and yet I've established some really fun relationships here over the years. I'd by lying if I said CDC shutting down won't put a damper on my hockey fandom, it's a big part of why I've enjoyed and been invested in the sport, and the team. 

Same, lingered around for years until I officially joined Jan of 2013. Although I don’t post too often, I enjoy your posts among various others that shall not be named for their protection.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dear CDC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell post today. In two weeks' time, our beloved Canucks forum will be closing its doors, and it's a bittersweet moment for me as I reflect on the incredible 13-year journey we've shared here.

For over a decade, this forum has been a second home for me, a place where I've laughed, debated, celebrated, and grown alongside an amazing group of passionate Vancouver Canucks fans. I've seen players come and go, witnessed the highs and lows of our team, and shared countless unforgettable moments with all of you.

For the last 7 years, I've had the distinct honour and privilege of serving as a moderator here. This role allowed me to give back to a community that has given me so much. It's been an incredible journey, and I want to take a moment to give a special shoutout to @-SN- for believing in me and providing me with the opportunity to become a moderator. Your support and trust have meant the world to me, and I will always be grateful for this chance to contribute to our amazing community.

I also want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the entire moderating team. Together, we've worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of this forum, foster engaging discussions, and create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Your dedication, professionalism, and camaraderie have been the driving force behind our success. Thank you for being fantastic teammates, and I will cherish the memories we've created together.

As we bid farewell to the Canucks forum, I want to acknowledge @-SN- for his thoughtful gesture of setting up a new forum for us. It's a generous offer, and while I'm uncertain about my future participation, I encourage all of you to explore this new platform and continue the traditions and connections we've built over the years. Change can be intimidating, but it can also lead to new and exciting opportunities.

In the meantime, I hope our paths will cross again in the world of Canucks fandom. Whether it's on the new forum or in other online communities, I look forward to sharing our passion for the team and staying connected with all of you.

Thank you, CDC, for 13 unforgettable years filled with laughter, camaraderie, and the shared love for our Vancouver Canucks. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Best wishes to you all,

-Vintage Canuck-

vintagecanuckcdc@hotmail.com

AI is incredible these days.  Can even evoke emotion now.  Amazing.  In all seriousness, somebody make sure to remove the batteries before moving him to the new forum.  

• There it is 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dear CDC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell post today. In two weeks' time, our beloved Canucks forum will be closing its doors, and it's a bittersweet moment for me as I reflect on the incredible 13-year journey we've shared here.

For over a decade, this forum has been a second home for me, a place where I've laughed, debated, celebrated, and grown alongside an amazing group of passionate Vancouver Canucks fans. I've seen players come and go, witnessed the highs and lows of our team, and shared countless unforgettable moments with all of you.

For the last 7 years, I've had the distinct honour and privilege of serving as a moderator here. This role allowed me to give back to a community that has given me so much. It's been an incredible journey, and I want to take a moment to give a special shoutout to @-SN- for believing in me and providing me with the opportunity to become a moderator. Your support and trust have meant the world to me, and I will always be grateful for this chance to contribute to our amazing community.

I also want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the entire moderating team. Together, we've worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of this forum, foster engaging discussions, and create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Your dedication, professionalism, and camaraderie have been the driving force behind our success. Thank you for being fantastic teammates, and I will cherish the memories we've created together.

As we bid farewell to the Canucks forum, I want to acknowledge @-SN- for his thoughtful gesture of setting up a new forum for us. It's a generous offer, and while I'm uncertain about my future participation, I encourage all of you to explore this new platform and continue the traditions and connections we've built over the years. Change can be intimidating, but it can also lead to new and exciting opportunities.

In the meantime, I hope our paths will cross again in the world of Canucks fandom. Whether it's on the new forum or in other online communities, I look forward to sharing our passion for the team and staying connected with all of you.

Thank you, CDC, for 13 unforgettable years filled with laughter, camaraderie, and the shared love for our Vancouver Canucks. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Best wishes to you all,

-Vintage Canuck-

vintagecanuckcdc@hotmail.com

This hurts more than my divorce. I’ll miss you Vintage :(

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Before reading anyone's posts, just want to say, what a terrific journey it's been sharing with you all.  Special shout out to my brother, the biggest Canuck fan I know.  His love of the Canucks and hockey got an analog fellow like myself, onto the forum and eventually joined.    Appreciate all of you, and am very grateful to have the added value it's brought watching and discussing the sport. 

Lots of personalities on here.   Going to miss discussing hockey with Biestra, Elias Petterson (thanks for the big trip down memory lane this summer with the Gretzky thread),  those folks out in small town BC you know who your are,   Smithers Joe and all the elders who's wisdom i've always sought in the real world about players I only heard about play.   Spook007 and other fans far away, whose input i've enjoyed almost daily the past decade.

And special gratitude to the moderators,  Deb especially, keep ringing that cowbell!.    AJ for your interest in hockey history,  those time consuming threads were a lot of fun, and thanks for the effort and time you provided all of us those summers.   Vintage for being a computer. 

And so many others.   Even the "bad" ones.  A guy/gal named the Gaurdian, who's devils advocate position around our re-tool might have been over the top in the way it was presented,  and some others on this site today, keeping it real.   Don't like to hear it but at least the site wasn't Vanilla.   Some kids who made it fun posting 20 threads in a couple days.   Nice to see those balls. 

HKSR.   Recently BobLaw adding WAR cards ... Characters like Alflives.  Too many to bring up, apologies for missing a bunch.  What a wonderful colourful bunch of fans, thanks everyone, for sharing your ideas and thoughts and hockey memories.  

Come to the new forum! 

www.forumcanucks.com

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I really wonder why it was closed... hhhmmm?

2 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

This is dumb. Why?!?

I’m sure we’ll see some gimmicky trash unveiled shortly.  I expect to hear the words “fan engagement” a lot.

I think I’ll stock up on gravol ahead of time.  It’s going to be nauseating.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1