The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Hmmm.. bummer :(

Was my favorite way to slam the Vancouver media for it's bush league ways! 

It was fun though! 

Can you imagine a rash of injuries to other teams top players and the miracle of a cup arrives in Vancouver this season?!

Ok so never going to happen but wouldn't that be the poster for ironic?

39 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I don't know a damned thing about tech(proud dinosaur), but your agreeable opening paras are just more proof, IMHO

This change was imposed upon the owners. Mandate from League Hindquarters. Otherwise appears they're killin the golden goose, for no good reason.

They didn’t like the criticism ?  If the majority of people see something that’s amiss, and the powers that be can’t handle that reality, and decide to cancel it all together, then it further makes them look even stupider notwithstanding the very first issue that doesn’t change from being stupid, in the first place. We are talking about suites in a boardroom that don’t quite understand that 99.999% of the posts made on CDC were actually positive about the organization. If the whole thing was cancelled to some negativity they read  then congratulations on your dumbass decision. But @-DLC- was bang on about worry more about the on ice product. Quit micro managing the off ice product. You can’t change reality , but you can certainly have a little more self awareness in your managment style though. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s pretty impressive that he got back to you so quickly. I’m thinking you made the pitch of a lifetime and it stuck with him. Well done. 

Thank-you, I appreciate that.

I've been building stuff digitally since the mid 80's. If you remember the real-estate station back around 1988 - 1990 from Western Cable systems, that was a custom project for the company I worked for back then.

I'm still absorbing the fact that, without realizing it, Michael just gave me the ability to directly communicate via email with Patrik and Jim......and pretty much guaranteed that Francesco is going to see this email as it's hit his inbox 3 times due to copying everyone.

Now, Michael hasn't responded further, but we'll see.....he may be getting his ass handed to him for granting me direct access to the Canucks senior management team....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1