The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Joined CDC in 2006. Not sure how to put it into words but this is a sad day.

Thanks to all the mod volunteers who kept this site going.

Gonna be weird not knowing what some of yall thought about the game, as dumb as it all was it sure was fun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, awalk said:

Joined CDC in 2006. Not sure how to put it into words but this is a sad day.

Thanks to all the mod volunteers who kept this site going.

Gonna be weird not knowing what some of yall thought about the game, as dumb as it all was it sure was fun.

1 hour ago, GSP* said:

My last connection to this floundering organization has been cut. 

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Well this sucks.

Hope everyone here finds a great place to talk Canucks.

Thanks to all who put up with me.

Gonna miss talking.

6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

oh no... sad to see this end, so suddenly too. 

My #1 go to place for hockey updates. Gotta give props to Mr.@-Vintage Canuck-for that. 

Everyone take care!

New forums: https://www.forumcanucks.com/

Everyone’s migrating over there.

• There it is 1

Well damn hey, came to do some reading and all I seen right away was the big bold red headliner and wondered what was going on. Honestly unsure on how long I’ve been around this site for, just know it’s long enough not to remember anymore. I used to come on the page a lot just to read people’s opinions on the team as well as other things. Eventually I decided to make an account, though I never posted much, I was around almost daily just to check for any news or do some reading on the team. Going to miss this place and all the sarcastic comments from you guys that almost made me choke on my breakfast 

Finally made it to the last page. Wanted to read everyone’s comments. Good words by everyone.

I originally was using the profile @Grandnational and switched to this new one in 2003. Been the best source of Canuck info, news and different opinions. 

Not happy about this. I hope this was a directive from Bettman and not our team feeling butt hurt for any criticism these boards bring out.

Another question I would love to ask FA. I met the guy twice and blanked out when my opportunity came to talk to him about the team. I have a friend that knows him well and we met under conditions that I could have easily got some “inside info”. Very annoyed at myself.

Thank you to all the moderators and @-SN- for the new home.

See you folks on the other site.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Shcott said:

Well damn hey, came to do some reading and all I seen right away was the big bold red headliner and wondered what was going on. Honestly unsure on how long I’ve been around this site for, just know it’s long enough not to remember anymore. I used to come on the page a lot just to read people’s opinions on the team as well as other things. Eventually I decided to make an account, though I never posted much, I was around almost daily just to check for any news or do some reading on the team. Going to miss this place and all the sarcastic comments from you guys that almost made me choke on my breakfast 

https://www.forumcanucks.com/

Sarcastic comments have a new home!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

As Blakequinn suggested , it's most likely some kind of legal liability concern. Not that anything has happened but maybe something in the future. But how is it different than an official Twitter acct that fans post in ? I dunno. The lawyers would know. 

that's just a dumb take on it

• RoughGame 1

17 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is there any way to send messages to banned posters like @SabreFan1 or @Harvey Specter or the like to invite them to the new forum

16 hours ago, Gurn said:

I'd like them to join us- but  SabreFan1 was not banned, he left after a bunch of idiots called him names.

They were too stupid to realize Sabre was watching a Buffalo feed of our game against them. He saw a different camera view of an incident and tried to tell folk on the in game thread what had actually happened.

Lost a damn fine poster that day. :(

Hi all, I'd like to clarify that the other poster was "HARVEY SPECTOR", which is was the incorrect spelling of the Suit's character if they were going for that alias, in the Off-Topic side of CDC. I was made aware of the poster after I was tagged incorrectly by a few Quotes / Replies. 

Hopefully, I, as "HARVEY SPECTER", with the "E" and the correct spelling, did not ruffle any feathers in my posting, while on the main part of CDC. Cheers all and I hope to see you all on the other forum. Thanks @-SN- for starting that up - I look forward to maintaining the strength of our Canucks community despite the unfortunate news. 

I appreciate @Warhippy / @Gurn for the tags here so I have an opportunity to clarify my side. 

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well like everyone, this is insanely upsetting.

I obviously was more active on the forums 15-20 years ago than I currently am now, but like many others this was my #1 place to go for news and reaction as I'm not a social media person. 

Extremely big thank you to the mods and community members over the years for the laughs and hot takes. It's been an absolute pleasure and your commitment to the bit has been underappreciated for quite some time now.

Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone!

Catch y'all on the other side!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't be too certain about the bolded bit.  Based on how things are unfolding with trying to get @-Vintage Canuck- to join us over at the new forum, it would seem that at least one might be on the payroll (even if their job duties that they're being paid for did not involve engagement in the forum).  And if in fact @-Vintage Canuck- is a Canucks staffer, then I take back my desire to know their identity, and would instead go with @Warhippy's suggestion of at best letting us know what role they play in the org instead of self-identifying - because if they expose their full identity, then it may result in them losing their job, which I would never wish upon someone who does it with such precision and determination, since it's clear they love their job.

Wouldn't knowing what role they are in defeat the whole point of remaining unknown?

Let’s be honest, the most sensitive…. Irrational, bandwagon riding, hypocritical, did I mention sensitive …. Individuals I’ve ever interacted with since I’ve joined in 2013

it’s gonna suck not ready everyone reactions to trades and games.   

Season 3 Middle Finger GIF by STARZ
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

Edited by sassbs
  • Huggy Bear 1