The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joseph LaBate | C/LW

b3.

6 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

He by all accounts came on toward the end of the season and finished really strong. It's been fun watching him blossom into a player seemingly overnight. He has been outstanding, he's moved way up the depth chart quickly and he continues to move.

You had to be impressed with his play/enthusiasm you have to say the kid is given his all.   That alone would be nice on the team but I'm thinking he's down to Utica for one more year not because he doesn't deserve to play just the numbers game

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Utica bound for sure.. Hes been good in the preseason but lets remember it is the preseason and he has a long long long way to go before cracking the NHL full time if at all.

I have been impressed with him. He gets another game tonight against Arizona.

Welcome back to Utica JL.  Great pre season for him but he has a little ways to go and a lot of minutes with the Comets won't hurt him.  He is pretty much a straight ahead skater and doesn't carry the puck much although he did more of that this pre season.  If he can develop some more possession against the wall that will add to his tool kit.  Probably needs to fill out a bit more to really be effective at that.  Comets are going to be big and tough at the forward position this year

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

It makes too much sense to call him up.  We'll stay put for now

Yes looks like we'll stand pat with our initial choices and line up with very few adjustments...wait that seems to remind me of our playoff strategy.

ps Vermette had 4 hits last night, think he was mad we didn't pick him up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2011 at 1:58 PM, Barney Stinson said:

I hate all the talk of "steals" before none of these guys have even suited up for a NHL game yet

Chill out and don't get excited

On 6/25/2011 at 2:20 PM, playboi19 said:

What's wrong with getting excited?

On 6/25/2011 at 2:30 PM, Barney Stinson said:

Because all the players we missed may be "steals" for all we know

Wait until they at least suit up for a NHL club

True we could've picked Johnny gaudreau who was taken 3 picks after labate

43 minutes ago, bernzie71 said:

All of the coulda's would've and Should'vas yeah well

what if J

guads weren't on vans radar at the time ppl were screaming Get bigger and if van had taken a i guadreau the CDC community woulda been like "ugh another small forward wtf we all know it ...

I wanted Nylander but Jake was my second choice. Jake has all the tools he just needs to mature sooner rather then later. He oozes raw skill. 

I bet green is excited to get his chance to mould Jake and show he can develop him into a beast. Unfortunately I think this will take time. Jake will start to make a big impact when he's 23. Like 2-3 seasons. 

Archived