Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Signing] Samuel Pahlsson to MODO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#91 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Whiner fans with a legitimate beef.

How could there by a legitimate beef? The guy didn't want to be here.

#92 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Bai guyz

Haha.

Fun fact: The Sedins have never won a playoff series when Pahlsson was involved in it too, regardless of team.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#93 BM24

BM24

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,580 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Brad Richards, 3rd round
Johnathon Quick, 4th Round
Datsyuk; 6th Round
Alfredsson: 6th Round
Kiprusoff: 5th Round
Ryan Miller: 5th Round

Is it common to find gems in the 4th round? No.
But....

The Canucks don't have great scouting to begin with, so it's really no loss.

#94 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

How could there by a legitimate beef? The guy didn't want to be here.

Keep him until the end of the season then he can F off. What's he going to do? NOT play? Enjoy ruining your reputation. A bunch of grown men couldn't work out a solution for two months in an effort to win the biggest trophy of them all?
Posted Image

#95 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Keep him until the end of the season then he can F off. What's he going to do? NOT play? Enjoy ruining your reputation. A bunch of grown men couldn't work out a solution for two months in an effort to win the biggest trophy of them all?

Do you really think Hodgson could have dominated Stoll's line to make up the difference for our top 2 lines being dominated by the Kings? Our third line was not the reason we lost the series and Hodgson wouldn't of been able to save the day.

#96 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Do you really think Hodgson could have dominated Stoll's line to make up the difference for our top 2 lines being dominated by the Kings? Our third line was not the reason we lost the series and Hodgson wouldn't of been able to save the day.

Who the hell can say for sure. That's why they play the games after all. But Cody would have given us a significantly better chance to win than Kassian with his five minutes and 4/5 games.
Posted Image

#97 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

Who the hell can say for sure. That's why they play the games after all. But Cody would have given us a significantly better chance to win than Kassian with his five minutes and 4/5 games.

You are forgetting that Pahlsson wouldn't of been here if that trade didn't happen.

Pahlsson and the limited role Kassian played = or > Hodgson

Edited by mpt, 17 June 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#98 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Oh well. He was well past his prime
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#99 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Call up Schroeder please!!
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#100 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

pretty sure to start the year we are going to look like
sedin
lapierre
malholtra
4th line winger up the middle
unless someone really impresses

#101 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

I am dissappoint and sad...guy was great shutdown player - loved his play.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#102 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Glad...He was not bringing much to the table...I counted maybe 2-3 flashes of a good player :/

#103 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

@Lindquistik: Pahlsson: talked with Canucks, nothing concrete. They said they have big things in the making.
#NHL #Canucks
@ThomasDrance

Found that interesting

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#104 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

You are forgetting that Pahlsson wouldn't of been here if that trade didn't happen.

Pahlsson and the limited role Kassian played = or > Hodgson

Oh yes, Pahlsson and his line was dismantled after one game. Then we went back to random shuffling for the rest of the games. Pahlsson never solidified his role on this team that Lapierre or Malholtra couldn't do equally as well.

#105 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

safe to say this was a failed experement now.

#106 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Gillis should have been aware that Kesler needed some recovery time and Hodgson could have filled his role.

Short sighted attitude. Not really as Kassian isn't a short term fit.

Neely 2.0

This is moronic. the decision for Kesler to ahve the surgery came well after Hodgson was traded. Is he supposed to see the future? The man isn't Nostradamus.

Calling the Kassian move Neely 2.0 is ridiculous. Give the kid a little time.

258o0g4.jpg

#107 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sedins getting older, Kesler being injured, Malhotra playing with one eye, traded Hodgson for Kassian, trades for Pahlsson, signs somewhere else next season, welp good bye cup next year.

This is moronic. the decision for Kesler to ahve the surgery came well after Hodgson was traded. Is he supposed to see the future? The man isn't Nostradamus.

Calling the Kassian move Neely 2.0 is ridiculous. Give the kid a little time.

I'm pretty sure they said that Kesler was injured before the Hodgson trade though

Edited by DreamHerO, 18 June 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

#108 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Sedins getting older, Kesler being injured, Malhotra playing with one eye, traded Hodgson for Kassian, trades for Pahlsson, signs somewhere else next season, welp good bye cup next year.

Sedins don't play a style that taxes them as they get older.
Kesler will recover. We're finally having a long offseason to R&R.
Malhotra? I dunno.

You forgot Lapierre.

And as for Hodgson-Kassian? We have another young center called Jordan Schroeder who would like to say hello.

#109 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

And as for Hodgson-Kassian? We have another young center called Jordan Schroeder who would like to say hello.

LOL, no one outside of Canuck land even knows who Jordan Schroeder is. He certainly isn't a coveted prospect nor a valuable trading chip like Cody Hodgson.

If MG actually took the time to shop Hodgson, I'm sure he would have gotten a much better deal.

#110 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly we get more for Hodgson in the off season? Continually I hear people saying Luongo has no trade value or won't bring much of a return since other GMs know he wants out of Vancouver (supposedly) so why does that same theory not apply to Cody?

You're telling me GMs around the league who know Gillis is in a bind with a young center who wants more ice time aren't going to try and take advantage of that? There's no guarantee we get a better deal for Hodgson now then Gillis got at the deadline. And like others have stated Kassian is exactly the type of player the Canucks need on this team. he's big and does have good hands and size and will drop the mitts when needed. I can't believe the number of so called fans giving up on Kassian after less that a quarter of a season.

Anyways - as for Pahlsson - can't fault a 34 yr old Swede for wanting to head back home to finish out his career - best of luck to him. As for the whole 4th rd picks to get him - I'd rather give up picks that may turn into prospects down the road vs giving up propspects now to acquire playoff rentals.

Now if Gillis had of given up a 1st rounder for Gaustad as a rental - then I might be choked.
14ki2wz.jpg

Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig :)

#111 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

LOL, no one outside of Canuck land even knows who Jordan Schroeder is. He certainly isn't a coveted prospect nor a valuable trading chip like Cody Hodgson.

If MG actually took the time to shop Hodgson, I'm sure he would have gotten a much better deal.

First off, the bolded is wrong. A first round pick in 09 who is the all-time leader in scoring for Team USA at the WJC not ring a bell for folks?

Second, who says we're trading him?

#112 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure they said that Kesler was injured before the Hodgson trade though

The Injury and surgery required was not announced until May 8th, at the conclusion of our season. I suppose if we believe that this injury is the direct result of the Kronwall hit it happened 4 days before the deadline. I'm thinking if they thought they had a serious injury with Kesler they might not have made a move.

258o0g4.jpg

#113 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

That's what MG intended on doing with Lappy and Higgins, since he said over and over that he doesn't like rental players.

Sure, he might have wanted to re sign Pahlsson, but since he didn't, MG unfortunately traded for a rental.

You said MG didn't like rentals then said looks like that changed - I was just pointing out that only Pahlsson has been a rental in his tenure as GM. So it really doesn't look like that belief of his changed ...

#114 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

You said MG didn't like rentals then said looks like that changed - I was just pointing out that only Pahlsson has been a rental in his tenure as GM. So it really doesn't look like that belief of his changed ...

You're right, it probably hasn't changed. But we'll have to wait until next trade deadline to find out for sure. I hope he sticks with his original belief and doesn't start going for rentals.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#115 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,920 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

I have no particular reason for saying this, but he seemed like a really different character.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.