The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Alex Edler

Can someone explain to me the haters logic? On tsn.ca the anti-Canuck crowd is saying this is an awful deal.

He's a defenseman who's averaged 40 points per season the past 4 years.

6 years, $5 million per.

Meanwhile New Jersey signs Zajac to 8 years over $5 million per season, but that's ok?

Huh?

Can someone explain to me the haters logic? On tsn.ca the anti-Canuck crowd is saying this is an awful deal.

He's a defenseman who's averaged 40 points per season the past 4 years.

6 years, $5 million per.

Meanwhile New Jersey signs Zajac to 8 years over $5 million per season, but that's ok?

Huh?

Good signing, exactly what he'll get on the open market. Not sure why people think he gave us a discount. Remember that the cap will go down (or stay the same, however you want to look at it) to 64M. We're not going to see guys get overpaid anymore, unless you're a team who needs to get to the cap floor.

Good signing, exactly what he'll get on the open market. Not sure why people think he gave us a discount. Remember that the cap will go down (or stay the same, however you want to look at it) to 64M. We're not going to see guys get overpaid anymore, unless you're a team who needs to get to the cap floor.

I think these guys like Edler sign deals like this BECAUSE of Gillis............simple as that. He epitomises an organisation that seems fair and decent in their dealings with the staff AND the Community. Part of the reason I love the Canucks.

Who is a worse (your choice of words, I like Ballard) defenseman on the Canucks making $4 mill???

:picard::sadno::sick:

Bally aint the worst d'man making 4+ mil on the nucks.. but probably the only one without a NTC... sucks i like him.

hope he gets a ring with us ........... same with Lu.

Derp; I criticized Gillis last year. :bigblush: Well, maybe it was justified last year.

Dude is on fire now!!! Burrows, Garrison, (even Raymond with a chance to recover), Edler, Schneider, toughness, size, depth...

Top 6 forward for Lou (perhaps Ballard) in some combination and we have ourselves a repeat exec of the year.

And best quote (paraphrase) of the night; someone mentioned something to the effect; "thanx Eddie for givin back to the fans!"

And Mr. Alexander Edler; we are also privileged to cheer for your team because you are here!

Archived