The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler hit on Smith - suspendable?

stonecoldstevebernier

The goalie got injured in sedins crash not edlers hit. Wake up! He almost went to bench with a arm type injury after sedin crashed him. When edler crashed into him smith was involved in the scrum.

If edler gets suspended because of an injury on another play...

C'mon Nuck fans, that should easily be worthy of a game or 2. I don't want him to, but it's almost certain he will.

It's not like these suspensions teach the players anything anyway. Not when bruins get to do whatever they want.

That was a bad call in my opinion. It is a penalty, he does hit Smith and it doesn't matter if it's outside the crease, but it's not a charge. I'm not upset that they're reviewing it, but will be if there's anything more than a fine considering the suspensions (or lack thereof) that we've seen in the past for contact with goalies.

I was 20 feet from the Hit by Edler on Smith....it was a HUGE check with no attempt at avoidance. To say he milked is pure bull crap from an idiot. Smith is about as competative as it comes. Had he been able, he would have started the 3rd period. Stop talking out of your ass and be realistic.

Archived