The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Dang, I'm not respected by a guy who thinks Andrew Shaw is the comparable of a 20 year old with 30 lbs and 3 inches on him.

I see that you're lacking a little reading comprehension there, iamsam. Re-read the post comparing Shaw before you keep making an ass out of yourself.

Thanks for making my point.

I see that you're lacking a little reading comprehension there, iamsam. Re-read the post comparing Shaw before you keep making an ass out of yourself.

Thanks for making my point.

Sorry, I must have gotten confused when I took a break from financing a multi-billion dollar power plant.

Sorry, I must have gotten confused when I took a break from financing a multi-billion dollar power plant.

You able to arrange for capital on $400M SBLC backed by NI43-101 bankable gold reserves hedged at a 15% discount for the build out of 140 MW wind farm in a S. American country favored by EDC?

Conditional PPA Rates of $280 per MWh for a giant mineral producer and $130 per MWh to local government utility co. Mine life of 25 to 30 years, and wind turbine technology that has energy output efficiency rate of 58% and rated for 25+ years of operation. I'll be happy to provide you with IRR and NPV of wind farm based on $400M capital financing.

My company will pay you Lehman's Formula rates on $400M...if you need to call you buddies, then you can lead the syndicate and be the bookrunner. We'll even pay you the management fee to lead the syndicate. I'll even throw in some of the carbon credits for you.

If you can arrange this, I'll stop referring to you as iamsam and maybe even start paying attention to your posts.

You able to arrange for capital on $400M SBLC backed by NI43-101 bankable gold reserves hedged at a 15% discount for the build out of 140 MW wind farm in a S. American country favored by EDC?

Conditional PPA Rates of $280 per MWh for a giant mineral producer and $130 per MWh to local government utility co. Mine life of 25 to 30 years, and wind turbine technology that has energy output efficiency rate of 58% and rated for 25+ years of operation. I'll be happy to provide you with IRR and NPV of wind farm based on $400M capital financing.

My company will pay you Lehman's Formula rates on $400M...if you need to call you buddies, then you can lead the syndicate and be the bookrunner. We'll even pay you the management fee to lead the syndicate. I'll even throw in some of the carbon credits for you.

If you can arrange this, I'll stop referring to you as iamsam and maybe even start paying attention to your posts.

1) I'm not a banker, so I'm not going to be bookrunning anything.

2) Only Chile has a carbon tax on thermal and no South American country offers carbon credits. And if it involves doing business outside of Chile, enjoy that currency risk.

3) $280/MWh is stupid high and no mine would sign a PPA for that. $130 is no more believable.

4) $400M for a 140MW South American wind farm is a crap deal unless the NCF is sky high. I have 200MW wind projects in the States lined up for years at far less cost.

5) Whoever modeled that project for you knows less about South American power projects than even you think I know about hockey.

2) Obviously you're talking about Chile since no other South American country has carbon credits yet and EDC loves them. But then market prices are crashing because everyone built on the promise of $150/MWh market prices, so your premise is garbage.

3) $280/MWh is stupid high and no mine would sign a PPA for that. $130 is no more believable.

4) $400M for a 140MW South American wind farm is a crap deal unless the NCF is sky high. I have 200MW wind projects in the States lined up for years at far less cost.

5) Whoever modeled that project knows less about South American power projects than even you think I know about hockey.

Not a banker? I'm guessing you're source than. That's great...no commish or fees to be paid.

I'm guessing your wind farms are running at output efficiency of 19% to 22% using conventional horizontal axis wind turbines that are down for servicing and overhaul/replacement of all nacelle components at a minimum every 2 to 3 years...low capex (what, $300M to $340M for 200 MW?), high opex for your 200 MW farms. Good luck with your net payback.

And I see that you have no idea what the op costs attributable to power for mining operations are, and that the impediments to maintaining and ramping up production schedule are mostly due to lack of reliable and sufficient power.

You do realize that commercial/industrial rate and residential rate for energy is not at parity and that retail residential power rates in The Republic of Chile run at $0.15 to $0.17 per kWh don't you, with industrial users paying significantly more? And I suppose you have overlooked the fact that Bachelet has been on record that power and water are in such strained supply that it is a matter of national interest to rectify this within her energy/resource policies. You might want to look at PPA rates in different jurisdictions outside of the US.

Good luck with your US wind farm projects when Obama's federal incentives come to a screeching halt...sort of like in 2013 when you probably didn't deploy any capital on wind projects in the US when Obama's federal programs expired. How much new installed capacity did you finance in 2013? Not much I bet.

But give the boy a cigar...he got Chile right.

Oh, I forgot, this is Cole Cassels thread -- hope that his abdominal injury has healed and he's ready to go full speed at the YoungStars Tourney.

Not a banker? I'm guessing you're source than. That's great...no commish or fees to be paid.

I'm guessing your wind farms are running at output efficiency of 19% to 22% using conventional horizontal axis wind turbines that are down for servicing and overhaul/replacement of all nacelle components at a minimum every 2 to 3 years...low capex (what, $300M to $340M for 200 MW?), high opex for your 200 MW farms. Good luck with your net payback.

And I see that you have no idea what the op costs attributable to power for mining operations are, and that the impediments to maintaining and ramping up production schedule are mostly due to lack of reliable and sufficient power.

You do realize that commercial/industrial rate and residential rate for energy is not at parity and that retail residential power rates in The Republic of Chile run at $0.15 to $0.17 per kWh don't you, with industrial users paying significantly more? And I suppose you have overlooked the fact that Bachelet has been on record that power and water are in such strained supply that it is a matter of national interest to rectify this within her energy/resource policies. You might want to look at PPA rates in different jurisdictions outside of the US.

Good luck with your US wind farm projects when Obama's federal incentives come to a screeching halt...sort of like in 2013 when you probably didn't deploy any capital on wind projects in the US when Obama's federal programs expired. How much new installed capacity did you finance in 2013? Not much I bet.

But give the boy a cigar...he got Chile right.

Oh, I forgot, this is Cole Cassels thread -- hope that his abdominal injury has healed and he's ready to go full speed at the YoungStars Tourney.

2) Only Chile has a carbon tax on thermal and no South American country offers carbon credits. And if it involves doing business outside of Chile, enjoy that currency risk.

5) Whoever modeled that project for you knows less about South American power projects than even you think I know about hockey.

Yawn! White noise is a great place for adolescent pissing matches. This is Cole Cassels talk.

Got a kick out of the McDavid vs Cassels banter earlier. That's like saying Bolland is better than Crosby.

Vancouver Yuppies are the douchiest this side of LA. 2nd Gen New Money - they learned from their New Money parents, the effect multiplies.

Don't know how I'm a yuppie, I'm not even 30. But the student loans I racked up say otherwise about the new money theory. I could pay them back, but then that means less leftover for Nucks tickets :ph34r:

Can't wait to see Cole at Young Stars. And can't wait to see him push Friesen down the depth chart in Utica.

Archived