The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

The Big Cedar with 2 more assists tonight, now 7 point in his last 5 games.

Also, he is +11 for the season -- tops on the Wings.  Would be nice to get an update on how he's looking as it seems he's putting together a pretty solid first year as a pro.  McEneny is 3rd on the team at +5, and if they are indeed D partners it could well be that Cederholm's improved play coincided with Evan's return to the lineup.  Cederholm has had no minus games the month of February, going +12.

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

The Big Cedar with 2 more assists tonight, now 7 point in his last 5 games.

Also, he is +11 for the season -- tops on the Wings.  Would be nice to get an update on how he's looking as it seems he's putting together a pretty solid first year as a pro.  McEneny is 3rd on the team at +5, and if they are indeed D partners it could well be that Cederholm's improved play coincided with Evan's return to the lineup.  Cederholm has had no minus games the month of February, going +12.

For some reason I get the feeling that Anton ain't a part of Benning's future. If he isn't atleast on Comets next year then that speaks volumes.

18 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

For some reason I get the feeling that Anton ain't a part of Benning's future. If he isn't atleast on Comets next year then that speaks volumes.

I see him as our future, meaner Alberts. Good physical 6/7 guy who can fill in. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

15 hours ago, J.R. said:

I see him as our future, meaner Alberts. Good physical 6/7 guy who can fill in. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Would be nice, but that would really be the ultimate outcome. Alberts played only 8 AHL games - the rest in the NHL. 

It is a long, steep hill to climb from the ECHL. Not saying he can't do it, but I think it is very unlikely we see him dress in a Canucks jersey. 

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

Would be nice, but that would really be the ultimate outcome. Alberts played only 8 AHL games - the rest in the NHL. 

It is a long, steep hill to climb from the ECHL. Not saying he can't do it, but I think it is very unlikely we see him dress in a Canucks jersey. 

He's only 21.

HF Ranking Spring 2016

20. (20) Anton Cederholm, D, 6.5D
Drafted 5th round, 145th overall, 2013

Anton Cederholm was one of the defensemen edged out of a spot on the Utica blueline to start the 2015-16 season. Assigned to the Kalamazoo Wings instead, Cederholm has been patiently waiting for his opportunity to get the call up to Utica. The rookie pro has been hanging in there with the veteran defensemen down in Kalamazoo and Cederholm seems to have a good grasp on what is expected of him on a night to night basis. Cederholm’s time in Kalamazoo playing top four minutes has likely been as good as or better for his development than fighting to stay in the lineup and playing far fewer minutes in Utica would have been. If he continues to improve all-around he should be a lock for a job in Utica next season.

Kalamazoo Wings’ defenseman Anton Cederholm is the AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month for February after leading the league lead with a plus-minus rating of +13.

Cederholm posted an even or better rating in 11 of 12 games during the month and was a +2 in five games.

The 21-year-old leads the K-Wings with a +12 rating this season and has posted 14 points (2g-12a) in 51 games. 

Selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the fifth round (145th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the rookie blueliner spent the previous two seasons with Portland of the Western Hockey League where he tallied 35 points (13g-22a) in 139 games.

He still seems to be on track for his development. A player like him was always going to take a little longer to develop.

I would say two seasons in Utica is next up for him. He'll still only be 23 by the time he gets his chance.

• 1 month later...

Just an interesting bit of news to bump this thread, but Cederholm's younger brother, Jacob, has signed a two year deal in Sweden. I thought it was about Anton at first and perhaps he was heading back to Sweden but it was just him re-tweeting it. Jacob's 18 and I guess he'd be draft eligible for this year?

Jacob Cederholm, which is brought up in Jonstorps IF, stops HV71. The 18-year-old Hill has signed a two-year contract.

- A player who is at the forefront with their fine leadership qualities and his attitude.Jacob has already a mature back games and is a defenseman who plays easily and likes to keep up with the offensive, says HV's sporting director Johan Hult in a press release.

Jacob Cederholm is the captain of the Swedish U18 national team and has 12 SHL matches to his credit.

15 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Just an interesting bit of news to bump this thread, but Cederholm's younger brother, Jacob, has signed a two year deal in Sweden. I thought it was about Anton at first and perhaps he was heading back to Sweden but it was just him re-tweeting it. Jacob's 18 and I guess he'd be draft eligible for this year?

Yup. Draft eligible this year. Craig Button projects as a mid 3rd rounder -- 77th overall in his Jan 11th rankings. 

At 6-3, he’s a big, mobile defender who will likely get bigger and more powerful as he physically matures. Was impressed with his play, though Sweden didn’t have much to show for in a game dominated by the Canadians. Looks like a future mobile shutdown horse for whichever team gets him, but there isn’t much of an offensive element emerging from him at present.

– Kirk Luedeke, Scoutingpost.com

Defender Jacob Cederholm of the HV71 organization is a strong defense-first minded guy who plays a physical brand and can add to the offensive attack when he sees fit. Cederholm keeps things calm and simple defensively, communicates on the ice and sticks up for his teammates. He’s seen plenty of SHL action early this season and looked strong in the process.

-FutureConsiderations.ca

http://thehockeywriters.com/jacob-cederholm-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

• 3 months later...

Archived