The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

I worry that guys like Sautner and Cederholm might not crack the Utica line up. Add in Subban, Hutton, and McEneny, to an already deep core and there might be an issue. Half these guys might have to start in the ECHL.

Oh noes depth :frantic: ?

At some point Benning will have to parlay some of that depth for futures or packaged for higher quality but the longer we can develop them, the more value they'll have.

Anyone hear if Anton is heading for Utica as well?

I know he's already under contract.

Portland's season ended just a few days ago, they may be trying to see where he is energy and health wise before making a decision.

I worry that guys like Sautner and Cederholm might not crack the Utica line up. Add in Subban, Hutton, and McEneny, to an already deep core and there might be an issue. Half these guys might have to start in the ECHL.

K-Wings are done for this year. Im sure all of these players who's respective seasons are over can join Utica and practice and just be around "the buzz" for whatever experiences they can gain. I could be wrong tho.....

K-Wings are done for this year. Im sure all of these players who's respective seasons are over can join Utica and practice and just be around "the buzz" for whatever experiences they can gain. I could be wrong tho.....

Pretty sure they were referencing next year, but who knows?

We must be the only team in the league that has fans who worry about "too much depth."

Well there will be no need for guys like Earhardt, Andersson, and Huskins after this season. It's somewhat odd to me that we haven't heard anything about Cederholm heading to utica. People say utica D is deep but I don't think it is down the left side at all.

People say utica D is deep but I don't think it is down the left side at all.

Pedan, McNally, Hutton, McEneny, Cederholm, Sautner, Liberati... and that's without adding the possibility of Tyramkin or any of the "vet" guys you mentioned Ehrhardt, Huskins etc.

Left side looks pretty crowded...

Pedan, McNally, Hutton, McEneny, Cederholm, Sautner, Liberati... and that's without adding the possibility of Tyramkin or any of the "vet" guys you mentioned Ehrhardt, Huskins etc.

I'm talking about right now. They could use cederholm. Earhardt, Huskins and Corrado playing on his wrong side leaves a lot to be desired, even if I thought they played pretty well last night.

I'm talking about right now. They could use cederholm. Earhardt, Huskins and Corrado playing on his wrong side leaves a lot to be desired, even if I thought they played pretty well last night.

Aaah, my apologies, thought we were talking about next year ;)

Have i missed some thing....has McNally signed ? last i heard he was still waiting for the word from the NCAA if he can play next season at Harvard

Have i missed some thing....has McNally signed ? last i heard he was still waiting for the word from the NCAA if he can play next season at Harvard

We currently still hold his rights. We'll see what the future brings.

Huskins scored the lone goal last night and Earhardt was super involved in the play, plus they have Pedan returning from injury and Hutton waiting in the wings if they want another lefty that badly. I don't think Cederholm slots in ahead of any of them.

Huskins scored the lone goal last night and Earhardt was super involved in the play, plus they have Pedan returning from injury and Hutton waiting in the wings if they want another lefty that badly. I don't think Cederholm slots in ahead of any of them.

I didn't know Andersson and Pedan were so close so it doesn't really matter, but Cederholm is a much better option than Hutton. Cederholm is pro ready and defensively mature. Plus he brings much needed physicality. Huskins is old as sand and couldn't go tonight so if Andersson wasn't ready they'd have been in trouble. No reason not to call him up, he's going to be a lock for next year anyways.

I didn't know Andersson and Pedan were so close so it doesn't really matter, but Cederholm is a much better option than Hutton. Cederholm is pro ready and defensively mature. Plus he brings much needed physicality. Huskins is old as sand and couldn't go tonight so if Andersson wasn't ready they'd have been in trouble. No reason not to call him up, he's going to be a lock for next year anyways.

Says you. I'd rather have Hutton in, he's played a couple years of college hockey quite successfully and has done more offensively than Cederholm ever will in the pros. He does pretty well defensively by the way, and if you want someone to be big and a crease clearer then you already have Huskins as well as Pedan in the wings. Andersson is in this game however, and he's solid defensively as well.

Pedan could have gone tonight if they needed him, and it's no guarantee Cederholm sticks in the AHL for his first year pro. He could go to the ECHL similar to Dane Fox did this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived