The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

Well..... Considering there are lots of tools still up front with Pétan, DeLeo, Bjorkstrand, the kid line of Turgeon, Schoenborn and Iverson, and what I expect will be a HUGE coming out party for Bittner (I mean a top 10 convo) they should probably focus or getting a veteran D.

Absolutely

I'd dispute that.

Burke is average at best and covered up by the teams in front of him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good WHL goalie. He's not an NHLer.

He's not an NHLer but he's going to be a top 10 goaltender in the WHL next season.

Edit: A year older will help him aswell.

I'd dispute that.

Burke is average at best and covered up by the teams in front of him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good WHL goalie. He's not an NHLer.

I agree. He's good enough to not cost you games (usually) but I've never seen him take over a game.

Which is another reason I'm concerned about the blueline, don't have a stud to bail them out

I agree. He's good enough to not cost you games (usually) but I've never seen him take over a game.

Which is another reason I'm concerned about the blueline, don't have a stud to bail them out

But they don't have one. They've been spoiled recently with the talent that's come through the pipeline. Pouliot, Jones, Morrow....heck..... Wotherspoon might be the best true defender of the bunch.

All the more reason on why they need one.

But I agree with you. If they don't get one, someone who can play heavy minutes, then this will be a big factor in Cederholm's development. Which way will they want him to play? New coach.

They don't need a riverboat gambler like Dumba. They need a defenseman.

Canucks Army just started their top 20 ranking for 2014, and Cederholm is #20:

PROSPECT PROFILE: #20 ANTON CEDERHOLM

one thing to note that i don't think a lot of people gleaned from the blurb; these numbers are from a single 7 game series against the oil kings in the WHL playoff finals. i believe the chick doing the analysis is an oil kings fan, which is why she only had those numbers available.

It's also a statistically insignificant sample size, and that might have just been how the Oil kings attack; especially with anton's partner jumping into the rush all the time.

one thing to note that i don't think a lot of people gleaned from the blurb; these numbers are from a single 7 game series against the oil kings in the WHL playoff finals. i believe the chick doing the analysis is an oil kings fan, which is why she only had those numbers available.

It's also a statistically insignificant sample size, and that might have just been how the Oil kings attack; especially with anton's partner jumping into the rush all the time.

Yeah, Canucks Army has a reputation for using advanced stats but an equally (arguably more) well-known tendency for misusing them. Sometimes I think they just want to put any data they can in a post, regardless of quality, then just list 20 caveats throughout the article.

She's from Portland and a Winterhawk fan as far as I know. I'd heard she also was working on numbers from the regular season but don't know how many she'd been able to compile. What she did have when I last checked was another small sample size but similar result, so there's good reason to pay attention to it while we see how he plays out this year without having to cover for a very offensive minded player like Pouliot as much.

Then again, he'd likely get a similar pairing this year, maybe a little more balanced (saw Texeira mentioned), but we'll see.

Yeah, Canucks Army has a reputation for using advanced stats but an equally (arguably more) well-known tendency for misusing them. Sometimes I think they just want to put any data they can in a post, regardless of quality, then just list 20 caveats throughout the article.

Sometimes they overreach on their conclusions, but sometimes they're pretty spot on though. Other times they talk a bit about something specific like this just to get the information out there and let others draw conclusions. An educated fan should be able to do that when reading any article anyway.

• 1 month later...

i imagine you'd have to find a nux fan in stockton to know how he did... Comcast program guide lied to me about which game NHLN was airing.

Ah, that makes more sense considering it was reported no one picked up the rights. No highlights or anything I've seen, and I would have thought one of the two teams would have taken informal video and seen at least some highlights emerge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived