The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

Late to the party to respond but he is still on the top pairing, and was given a lot of responsibility while the rest of the d corps meshed in the beginning of the year. The trade of burke and input of Hill as goalie really sparked the team. Anton wears an A as the leader of the defense

Thank you sir. and long time no see!

EVERETT vs. PORTLAND

Game 1 - Fri Apr 10 7:35 PM Portland at Everett
Game 2 - Sat Apr 11 7:05 PM Portland at Everett
Game 3 - Thu Apr 16 7:00 PM Everett at Portland
Game 4 - Fri Apr 17 7:00 PM Everett at Portland
Game 5 - Sun Apr 19 4:05 PM * Portland at Everett
Game 6 - Tue Apr 21 7:00 PM * Everett at Portland
Game 7 - Wed Apr 22 7:05 PM * Portland at Everett

• 2 weeks later...

Im really looking forward to seeing Anton turning pro next season.

He is not flashy but I see a very dependable guy in him for us for years to come. I see as a Ohlund/Grossman hybrid in him.

I don't see Ohlund level offense in him, but otherwise, the rest of the package is not dissimilar. Kind of a European Willie Mitchel...lol

I don't see Ohlund level offense in him, but otherwise, the rest of the package is not dissimilar. Kind of a European Willie Mitchel...lol

Thats a good comparison. Went to game 4 where Portland won 2-1 in OT and anton had another steady game. He knows his role and plays within his abilities which I think is a huge sign of maturity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irihdg3TVu8

He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray. He most admired Douglas Murray.

... And Lidstrom. Phew.

He's a lot better skater than D Murray was.

There's a lot better training now for improving skating for players. He doesn't have to be the fastest guy on the ice, just the guy who stands in front of our net and levels anyone from the other team that comes in.

Should be a solid shutdown defender for us. Nice 5th rounder for Gillis

Agreed that Cederholm has done well for a 5th rounder. Only about 10% of 5th rounders ever become NHL regulars. Cederholm has improved his odds but I would put the chances of him become an NHL regular as still below 50%. Comparing him to players like Ohlund or Mitchell are wildly optimistic and even a comparison with Sbisa is optimistic. (Although I admit that calling Sbisa a legitimate NHL defenceman might be a stretch.)

Agreed that Cederholm has done well for a 5th rounder. Only about 10% of 5th rounders ever become NHL regulars. Cederholm has improved his odds but I would put the chances of him become an NHL regular as still below 50%. Comparing him to players like Ohlund or Mitchell are wildly optimistic and even a comparison with Sbisa is optimistic. (Although I admit that calling Sbisa a legitimate NHL defenceman might be a stretch.)

I think the comparisons are more for playing style, not upside. Most (if not all) agree he is likely a bottom pairing shut down guy at best

Archived