Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

Damn you Vegan Oompa Loompas

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do 
I have a perfect puzzle for you 
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee 

If you are wise, you'll listen to me 
What do you get when you guzzle down carrot sweets?
Eating as much as an elephant eats 
Look at you with bulgy eyes of a rat 
Look at orange you cuz I'm laughing at that
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dah
all those veggies tastes like blah

Nichuskin has been demoted, sucking wind in the KHL:

Aivis Kalniņš ‏@A_Kalnins 
#CSKA Moscow have assigned Valeri Nichuskin to Zvezda Chekov of the VHL.

Team is not happy with Nichuskin's performance, coach went after him, hearing team is considering releasing him from his contract.

22 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Team is not happy with Nichuskin's performance, coach went after him, hearing team is considering releasing him from his contract.

http://fansided.com/2016/10/12/reports-valeri-nichushkins-khl-struggles-not-true/

False

27 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Wow!  What's wrong with this kid (Nichuskin)?  So glad we didn't draft him, but it just shows every team has busts, even when they are picked in the top 12.  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  What's wrong with this kid (Nichuskin)?  So glad we didn't draft him, but it just shows every team has busts, even when they are picked in the top 12.  

Looks like the ssource I posted was wrong, Alf.  Goosberries posted a clarification above.  Hes still with his KHL team, even if he isnt lighting it up...either way, glad we took Bo with that pick...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/18/2013 at 12:50 AM, KellyHrudey said:

Did we pick the wrong player again?

While Horvat looked impressive in the young guns tournament, he wasn't very noticeable in his first pre-season action, while Nichushkin... scored 2 goals and had 9 O.o shots, a hit, and 2 blocked shots in his first game.

I realize it's incredibly early, but what a way to make a first impression.

On 9/18/2013 at 1:36 AM, Gudbransons_Elbow said:

Bo will be a stud, but for a team that struggles to score goals I would've liked to see Gillis go with a pure offensive power winger. Nichushkin has huge offensive upside, I understand Horvat was the safe pick but you don't win by playing it safe.

On 9/18/2013 at 2:27 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Nichushkin is by far the better offensive player. Not even close. Much more skill, better size too.

Horvat is better defensively, more clutch, better fit for the playoffs and most importantly a good fit at center which is what we want.

Nichushkin would have been nice, but we wouldn't have had many centers after Henrik and Kesler, whereas we've already got big physical wingers in Jensen and Kassian.

On 9/18/2013 at 4:10 AM, Pouria said:

Funny you say that since I always wanted the Canucks to draft Kopitar before the draft happened similar to Nischuskin who I think might be the next Kopitar only on the wing. I like Horvat too but I wanted Nischushkin before the draft and I thought the Canucks traded into top 10 to get him since Horvat wasn't even in my radar.

On 9/18/2013 at 12:22 PM, Tre Mac said:

Gauce, Jensen, and Horvat are not giving me much hope for the future like some other posters on this site. Now Shinkaruk, that kid is something, but he was a no brainer pick and a bit of a fluke he dropped down to us. I still stand by my statement that Gillis cannot draft or trade effectively.

On 9/19/2013 at 8:48 AM, nitwitt said:

Wow, time will tell, terrible rationalization for this massive mistake...every scout in the world knows that Nichushikin is a far more talented player, huge mistake by Gillis Nichy will be a superstar in this league and Bo's a third liner at best. Once again Canucks brass have their blinders on. Time will not tell... I'll tell you by the time Bo has a regular spot in the NHL Nichy will be a point a game player.

On 10/2/2013 at 11:17 AM, penaltykiller said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnRSJ8ntYE

It's going to be fun watching him bulldoze through Canucks defense for the rest of his career... Could have had the power forward we've wanted so long since Bertuzzi.... shame

On 10/2/2013 at 11:22 AM, penaltykiller said:

This.

Will haunt us for a very long time.

On 10/2/2013 at 1:10 PM, penaltykiller said:

Generally I would agree with you HOWEVER, Nichushkin is the greatest power forward prospect in the world right now and you can't deny that you'd want to see a guy like Nichushkin who drives hard to the net, destroying anyone in his path in the playoffs.

Just funny to go back & read all the predictions of young players. 

Shows that it really does take years before the real truth comes out.

On 9/18/2013 at 4:02 AM, Kanucklehead10 said:

Nichushkin is no doubt a better player in terms of offence. He was the most nhl ready in terms of physique and he also has experience as he played in the Russian league with grown men; the canucks took horvat because they wanted depth at the center position. If the canucks wanted pure offence, they would've picked Nichuskin without a doubt. It is kind of bitter that we let Nichushkin go to Dallas, but at least Shinkaruk makes up for the offensive part.

This is amazing! LOL

Archived