The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

He's hits were awesome. Has unbelievable speed blew past some players

Excellent speed, excellent shot, excellent physical game, excellent attitude, very good size and still growing, and one of the youngest players on the team. This all translates into a high likelihood of success in the NHL.

The high skill guys the Canucks could have chosen like Nylander, Ehlers, Fabbri, Kapenen, and others looked good, but those skill moves that look good in junior don't translate very well to the NHL. It is too bad that Fabbri did not drop to 24 in last year's draft where the Canucks took McCann, however. (Fabbri went at 21 to St. Louis).

Kassian... Virtanen... Pedan... terrorizing the league in a couple years. Whatever will you do?

You are boring as sh*t. Who hovers around waiting for an opportunity to say something stupid?

Guys I don't think he means to say Virtanen has poor hands (Canorth), or that he hates size (swift4grizz)..

he'll miss the next four times or so if such thing shall happen again

He's just responding to a preposterous post that puts Naslund down for no apparent reason in order to make Virtanen look good. Utter disrespect to the second best goal scorer after Bure to play for the Canucks - if Nazzy misses that 4 out of 5, it's not a stretch to say Jake would too - which the point I think he was trying to make.

Can you blame the guy for defending Nazzy against a post that was clearly either too young for Markus or is a bandwagon from the Sedin era? #19 has three 40-goal seasons and "awesome hands" that were second to only Bure as a Canuck - Jake would be extremely blessed to be in the same class.

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 2

Guys I don't think he means to say Virtanen has poor hands (Canorth), or that he hates size (swift4grizz)..

He's just responding to a preposterous post that puts Naslund down for no apparent reason in order to make Virtanen look good. Utter disrespect to the second best goal scorer after Bure to play for the Canucks - if Nazzy misses that 4 out of 5, it's not a stretch to say Jake would too - which the point I think he was trying to make.

Can you blame the guy for defending Nazzy against a post that was clearly either too young for Markus or is a bandwagon from the Sedin era? #19 has three 40-goal seasons and "awesome hands" that were second to only Bure as a Canuck - Jake would be extremely blessed to be in the same class.

That's one way to look at it, and from any other poster that would probably be right. However, he has been hovering around here jumping on any opportunity to slam one our younger players/prospect. It's getting old

I think it was more a nod to the difficulty of the shot than it was a knock on Naslund. Most NHLers not named crosby or ovechkin would miss that shot more than 80% of the time while catching a rebound off the backboards.

That's one way to look at it, and from any other poster that would probably be right. However, he has been hovering around here jumping on any opportunity to slam one our younger players/prospect. It's getting old

Admittedly hates Kassian, disses Jake... seemed there may be a pattern (size, skill, truculence).

Fair enough. I hadn't seen his previous posts

I think it was more a nod to the difficulty of the shot than it was a knock on Naslund. Most NHLers not named crosby or ovechkin would miss that shot more than 80% of the time while catching a rebound off the backboards.

That could be true as well